InTown Suites / Rip off

This complaint is about the InTownSuites in Tamarac/Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at 8191 West Commercial Blvd. If having an internet connection while staying a week or more at a “hotel” is important to you, do not stay here! If you are someone that uses the internet regularly for things like streaming music, YouTube, iTunes purchases and downloads, or anything that basically can be considered a “data transfer” you will be arbitrarily shut down and your internet connection will not be restored!

Though you are “paying” for a “high-speed” connection, this is a dog-slow 1.5 MB connection for the entire hotel of well over 200 rooms!!! The normal, residential ComCast cable connection per household is 8 MB, so this is a terribly slow and lousy means of connection for a couple hundred rooms.

Another bad joke about this so-called “hotel” is the fact that you must supply your own Ethernet cable in order to connect to this very slow connection. How many people in 2009 carry an Ethernet cable with them for their laptops!?!? Yes, in 2001, most all people did, but for the last five years all laptops have WiFi and most people have never used an Ethernet cable to connect their present laptop! So you have to run down a cable at a local store, rather than them loaning these out. That *** a big one!

If they realize that you are actually trying to use this very obsolete connection, then they will shut you off and you will not have it turned back on!

I must do work on the net, as well as get most all my news and entertainment from the net and these jokers turned off my internet connection the last four days I was there for a week’s stay!!!

Therefore I have to say that I have been ripped off by this lousy so-called “hotel” and I have to warn you all about this!

Ke

Comments

• Ke
      19th of Sep, 2018
    InTown Suites - Microwave/Customer Service from office
    Marietta
    Georgia
    Intownsuites.com

Both my husband and I have went to the office and talked to the manager and the lady working in the office about our microwave going out, we keep getting the run around by them saying it will be in the room the next day which never happens. This has been on going since Tuesday September 4, 2018.