Intex Pools / Safety issue & waste of money!

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Company refuses to change tubes that dry rot and won't even last through 1 pool season so every year new tubes have to be ordered! I upgraded to bigger pool with same problems. The last straw was my pool was only on it's second season & came apart at seams, flooded my yard and killed all my grass! How safe can it be when 1 minute your kids are having fun laughing & then boom - the pool empties, your dumped on the ground & no more fun. The company brushed me aside without replacing it, crediting me or a discount on a new one. What a waste of money!!! This company has poorly made products & does not care 1 bit about it's customers - whether new or loyal customers of years!

Ki

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Apr, 2016

If there is one thing that we all agree on it's that Intex customer service and products have become the bottom feeder of recreational goods. I have over the years purchased numerous pools and pumps. And until 2012 they were all very well made. Since I had no issues with them, I didn't contact Customer service. In spring 2013 we had heard about the benefits of salt water systems. Having no problems with the Intex products, I bought the Intex salt system. From that time until now, I have purchased 2 salt systems and 1 Ozone generator salt system. I have had nothing but issues with all of them. My current one concerns the ozone generator assembly. I purchased it in March of 2015 from Amazon, on sale for $149.00 and put in service on May 27th.we are in Kansas and it's too cold to use the pool until June.things worked fine all summer. On August 15th I closed the pool and stored the pump and the Ozone salt system in my garage. Last week I opened the pool, only to find the Ozone salt system's "Replace ozone generator assembly".I contacted Intex and was told, sorry you're out of the 1 year warranty. Then they gave me the part number. When I tried to order it online at their replacement parts store. After entering the number and description, it came back "part not found" what else needs to be said for Intex customer service.