Intex / Problem with pool pump size!
I purchased my second Intex pool recently. My first one that I had for 3 years burned up in a fire. Intex is now selling their large pools with a smaller size pump. The previous pump Model 520 @ 2000 gph was barely enough for this size pool and actually wasn't large enough. They are now selling the Model 635 @ 1500 gph with their 18' x 48' size pools. This pump is not large enough for these size pools. And the pump I received does not sound very good either. The filters are smaller which causes you to purchase more filters.
I called the company to get some help on replacing this pump for one that is comparable to the last one I had because they no longer carry the Model 520. The first rep. told me to send a fax with my complaint and they would replace my pump with something comparable. No response. I called back. The second rep basically told me Too Bad that's the pump that comes with that size pool and hung up on me. The third rep could not transfer me to a manager but said he would have one call me within 48 hours. No phone call still. Intex does not care about their consumers. They take your money and forget you. BEWARE of purchasing INTEX POOLS! Also if you notice on their website, you can't even send them an email. When you call them, the only people you can get a hold of are sales reps ready to take your money but they do not care about your concerns. I want to return this pool and I am unable to reach anyone to do so.
Scournaya's Response, May 30, 2017
Shocked by spa
More Intex Complaints & Reviews
- Intex Air Mattress - air mattress defect 
- Intex - impeller 
- Intex 18' X 48& pool - replacement hoses 
- Intex - Poor Product and Customer service 
- Intex Corporation - Poor quality product! 
- Intex Recreation Corporation - intex queen size air mattress
- Intex - prism pool not available as advertised
- Intex Recreation Corporation - air mattress
- Intex Recreation Corporation - incorrect pool support leg sent
- Intex Recreation Corporation - pure spa jetted joy tub