Intel / After sales service

1 India Review updated:

For the past four months I have send my intel original915GAV motherboard (in warranty period) which was having some defect to the intel office for replacement through a computer vendor for 3 to 4 times .

The problem is that after having high sales in mumbai for the past so many yrs the Intel people have not even started a single replacement center in Mumbai which is one of the most important financial destinations in India.

So I have to send my board to Chennai or Banglore for replacement.
It takes around 15 to 20 days for replacement.
And once you received the board you find that the board has some new complaints.
They do not even check the boards which they are sending as replacement.

For the past three months I have got my board replaced four times.

The board which I am using currently also has some problems ie some times it is working and some times not .

Already I have spent on the courier charges and vendor service charges so much that I could have bought a new board for that.

I want to warn all those who are intending to buy Intel original boards that you are buying it at your own risk.

The better option is to buy chip set boards which can be replaced in two to three days .

Gk

Comments

• So
      11th of May, 2008

I have a Intel Desktop Board D101GGC Mother Board
    S/L-BTGC61100RFQ AA D35788-305

Dynamic KSMO-VO
    E150630 V-0

I bought this main board on 20/05/2006.
    May be It's now under warranty period.

My problem is PC cannot open.Cannot boot from HDD.I can't hear any booting sound.I think that my MainBoard may be crashed.So, As soon as possible solve my problem.Please reply me through my mail.

Your Faithfully Customer
    SOHAM KRISHNA PAUL.
    [11/05/2008]

• Ay
      14th of Jul, 2008

I bought my pc at about in april 2008
    It's now in under warranty period.

My problem is PC cannot open.Cannot boot from HDD.I can't hear any booting sound.I think that my MainBoard may be crashed.So, As soon as possible solve my problem.Please reply me through my mobile no. as follows +919911334006 or +919211775876, plz do rply, m waiting.

12th of Sep, 2008

Case number : 8529714
    Order type : SWR
    Order number : 1001689645
    Date : 01/09/2008

Sir/madam

In reference to the above case number, today I contacted your executive on telephone for the status of the same. Your executive told me that the Motherboard is dispatched to me on 9th Sept 2008. I am very much surprised to know that the MB is sent back to me without any repair/replacement as a physical damage is found on the motherboard. As per him there is a damage found in the assembly of the processor socket and hence the warranty is void.
    Sir, this remark is totally unacceptable. As I told you in my earlier mail that the system is booting but there is a problem occurring during the loading of operating system. It simply means that there was no problem with the processor/processor socket and it was in good working condition. For the last two and half year this system never goes through any repair process. The motherboard was working well in respect of processor at the time of packaging while sending to you. If you found any defect in the pins of the processor assembly then either it happens due to the mishandling of the courier company or at your end. Have you checked the packaging before opening the packet? Was it OK? Please verify the original packet and keep it safe.
    Sir you cannot deny for the repair or replacement simply because of the above remark as these types of damages may happens at any end i.e consumer or courier or yourself. To avoid these types of problems you should have a verification center at various places where the part can be directly received from the consumer and physically checked in the presence of consumer.
    The remarks by means of which you are denying the warranty, is totally unacceptable to me. I am sure that it did not happen at my end as it was working with limitations. So please reconsider the case, create a new order number (with exemption) and intimate me accordingly within three days. If you will not take any favorable action then I will be forced to forward this case to National Consumer Cell and to the Media to avail the warranty as I feel cheated and harassed. I will not leave the case at this position. When the time comes to avail the warranty, you are ignoring by putting such remarks which can be created at any stage. This is totally unfair and I was not expecting such issue from a reputed company like you. You should always do your best for the favor of the consumer.
    So I request you to do the needful to avoid any further complaints/process. I will be thankful to you and obliged.

Anil Kumar

• Ra
      6th of Nov, 2008

my mother board is intel 102GC is process is very slow so my syestem is 2GB ram pentium 4 2.8 GHZ THE PROBLEM IS ONE ARE MORE PROCESS IS NOT WORKINK AND THE SLOE READING

• Sh
      25th of Nov, 2008

Thanks for nothing. I wish you would look at the websites you sent me, before making me waste my time.

Intels support has been least supportive and cooperative. If some one asks a question, you waste their time and send them running all around, but just do not support.

I am thoroughly dissapointed, as a first time calling for assistance. If there were another company that sold good computer parts, I will definately consider them first.

Regards
    case 8730303

• So
      2nd of Aug, 2009

Respected Sir,
    my mother board is intel dual core e2180 tere is a problem in sound ports it does not working, but can i do please help me
    my self amardeep
    +919814335887

• Gu
      28th of Nov, 2009

case no: 9429203
    Order no.1002177998
    order date: 29.10.09

Dear Sir,

when i received my motherboard?
    its allready to late.

regards,
    Gurjeet
    09891949318

• Am
      3rd of May, 2010
    amar nath - i won the shell intel mobile draw
    amar nath
    India

i won 750000 dollers in 2010 shell intel draws to claimsour prize...