Ingles Markets / Managers

1 Dawsonville, GA, United States Review updated:

Every time I go in there the managers are RUDE. No one in there has any idea how to run a grocery store. The store manager and assistant manager there both idiots I have never seen either of them doing anything. The front end managers are the rudest people I have every seen and god forbid you need to ask them a question . I will never shop in that store every again. I will keep driving to the Ellajay store were they have some real managers working there that care about there customers. Because the managers at Dawsonville dont have a clue what they are doing.

Sa

Comments

• Sw
      23rd of Feb, 2010

The manager at store 202 in Sptbg to me has no clue. He made my kid feel like a thief not with his words but with his actions. Read the attached e-mail that I sent to customer service.
    My daughter was hired there week before last. Her first day she got 1/2 days training and then was left by herself. On her 3rd day, her drawer was short. They called or texted her that Sunday night and she explained what she thought might have happened. The manager watched the tapes and said he knows she did not STEAL the money, she mistakenly gave to much change to customers. One even brought back $17 dollars. She made a mistake. So yesterday when she went to work, the manager fired her. He didn't offer to give her another chance, he didn't offer to give her additional training even though he said he knew she had not STOLEN the money. He wouldn't give her another chance. She was so happy she had gotten the job. Now she's crushed. She made honest mistakes. He said he couldn't let her continue working even though he knew she was a good girl, honest and likable. Now everyone that works at the store will think she stole the money. I asked would he had done when this had happened before, his response, this has happened before after he had just told my husband, before I got there, he had fired someone 2 weeks earlier for stealing. Now she is considered a thief by people she worked with. Not she made a mistake, let's do more training. Not she made a mistake, let's see how we can keep this from happening again. My daughter even offered to pay the money back to keep her job. He would not allow that. He was worried about how he would like to other employees if he let her stay and keep her job. His words were: Corporate don't know her how will it look if I let her stay. No corporate doesn't know her but they can look at the same video he looked at, they can talk to her and see what kind of person she is, they could asked him do you think she took the money, which he assured us (her parents) that he knew she didn't. He could have said it was a mistake, I'm working with her to make sure she doesn't make the mistake again. But would he do that, NO instead he crushed her. Made her feel like she stole the money and put her in the same category as the kids he had let go for stealing. Now here's the kicker. He told her father, she could re-apply in 4 or 5 months and if he had an opening he would consider bringing her back because he knew she was a good kid and she was honest.. If he knew that why was she not allowed to get more training and keep her job. NO crush her spirit now. Will I shop there again. No. Because a mistake is just that a mistake. I make mistakes, that manager makes mistakes. Others at the store have also made mistakes and have been written up and get to continue working. If she is honest enough to be hired back in a few months, she was honest enough to get to keep her job. Yes, as I stated, she made a mistake. Is she sorry, Yes. Did she offer to make it right? Yes Would he allow her to keep her job? No. He was afraid of corporate. Corporate might have thought since she's honest, letting her work was a good decision. She made a mistake
    Since being fired, my daughter’s friend told her she had come up $99 short and was written up of course this was another manager. Another guy that works there they know for a fact has stolen at least $20. The manager’s father is a District Manager and apparently this manager doesn’t have to be consistent with his own policies or play by the rules.
    After talking with my daughter, she was never told how much money was in her drawer to begin with, the bookkeepers count the money and hand it to the cashiers. Not I am not implying anything.
    So punish the ones that want to work and want to start a life for themselves and keep the ones that you have doubts about.