ING Direct Savings / In an attempt to save money I have now spent over $ 200.00 with this company

On October 11, 2006 I decided I would open an account with ING Direct Savings, since I have heard nothing but good things about them I gave it a try. I went online and set up this account. In doing this I was asked for a date to start deducting the money from my bank account and I requested this initially take place on 10/13/2006. I requested this because that was the day I would have the available funds in my bank account. The initial withdraw was set up as 50.00 and then to recur every week thereafter in the amount of 25.00 a week. No where in this website did it state they would start attempting to debit my bank account that very day. Since October 11th this company has cost me over 200.00 in bounced check fees due to the fact that they continue to try to get this money every single day. From the 11th, the very first day they attempted to withdraw they have had me in the negative with my bank. This caused a chain reaction with every other check that I had open in my account. When I contacted ING they stated this was not their fault, I believe her exact words were “you’re the one who opened the account”. In an attempt to save money I have now spent over 200.00 with this company.

They refuse to refund me any of the bounced check fees. And I would like this to be rectified immediately. I can not seem to get anyone to help me!. Please contact me at your earliest.

Comments

• Fi
      2nd of Jul, 2008

If you don't have more than $50 to spare in setting up an account, then you shouldn't be trying to setup another account elsewhere. If your bank charged you bounced check fees, it is because you are broke and don't have any over-draft protection in the form of money in a savings account or other financial investment. If $50 is all you had in the checking in the first place, you weren't in a position to move that out of your existing account. It is your fault due to bad judgement.

• Cr
      17th of Nov, 2008
    ING Direct Savings - Horrid Customer Service
    ING Direct Savings

I gave these people benefit of the doubt when they took over NetBank. Wow, was I ever wrong. Four calls later, I still can not get a refund on my former NetBank account. Now they are claiming there is some security issue with the main account holder. Give me a break. He answered all the questions 2 months ago on the last call, and we waited for the check which never came. So I called to find out where the check was. Only to find out there is a security issue. Hmmm ya think they could have called or written us a letter to let us know there was a problem. Yea right! No instead they figure that we will forget that we wanted our money back and would go away. What is the deal with these companies wanting to hold on to your money and having to beg to get your money back. I am sick of wasting my valuable time on repeat phone calls to customer service agents who can not do their jobs correctly. And do not get me started on the dumb companies who outsource their calls to India. EEEEeeekkkk!!!

• Da
      1st of Aug, 2009

Financially Secure, you may be financially secure, but you obviously can't read. I'm gonna guess you're financially secure 'cause people throw money at you to shut you up.

• Ra
      7th of Jan, 2011

You can cancel the automatic transfers on ING you know. Automatic doesn't mean autopilot, it's important to monitor these things. I doubt they will give you back the money another bank charged you, it may be better to go speak with someone in-person at the bank that charged you the fees. In addition, you may be able to contact the companies (who may or may not) have also charged you fees for a bounced check.
    Best of luck. I know everyone can't monitor their accounts daily, but I have alerts set up so if say a withdrawal of over 100$ comes out I get an e-mail (which I do check daily), or if my balance dips below say, $300. Nearly every single bank, especially online banks, have this feature.
    It may be better to do one-time transfers, instead of automatic transfers. I ran into a similar issue transferring from checking to savings, but within the same bank.