Indian Railways / delay in train departure & arrival

1 India Review updated:

Sir,

I am a regular traveler from Yeshwanthpur(Bangalore) to Mangalore. As per the train schedule the train should arrive Mangalore at 8.15AM.

I have heard from lot of my friends that train is not at all reliable regarding arrival timings and for the past month I have been a witness to it.
Last month boarded the train at 8:35PM & I reached Mangalore at 11:00AM.
On 4th May, train departure was half an hour late from Yeshwanthpur and arrival to Mangalore was 9:45AM.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas

Vi

Comments

• Na
      4th of Sep, 2008

To spot your train visit http://www.indiantrains.org/spot-your-train/ to know the news update.

• Tc
      13th of Oct, 2009

Being late for an hour or so is nothing new to Indian Railways, I was coming from Lucknow to NJP on 19/09/2009. The Amarnath or Jammu - GHY Express was to arrive to leave LKO at 3.30 PM, but the train arrived in the midnight at 12.00. and was to reach the next day i.e. 20/9/2009 at around 2.PM but it reached NJP only on 21/09/2009 at 10.30 AM. The train was running late by around 20 hours.

I was also to go to Guwahati on 08/10/2009 byRajdhani Express which was to reach Guwahati at 5.30 PM. The schedule Departure time from NJP was 11.05 hrs. But the train only arrived at 20 hrs and reached the next day that 09/10/2009 at 1.30 hrs.

This is the status of the Indian Railways punctuality