Indian Railways / gold chain theft
THEFT OF LUGGAGE
I have travelled on Indian Railwas by Awantika Express on 21/4/08 on PNR Number8120109253.in Coach No S5/0001 in Three Tyre Cleeper.
My chain was stolen in Mumbai to Virar Area.FIR was inadequately taken by some head constable Babulal Singh .The report of FIR does not appear to be appropriat.The police was constantly asking to get down at Surat where as they are suppose to register the complaint.Ticket Checker on duty was also not very cooperative.
I have lost Rs20, 000.Moreover Railway TC and Railway Police refused to take FRI.
I request authorities to look in to matter. I quote the Railway Rules as under:
A Prescribed FIR Form is available in the Timetable or with TTEs/Guards or GRP escort. After filling it up, the Form may be handed over to one of the officials viz., TTE, Guard or GRP escort for registration of the report at the next Police Station.
This rule was explained to Railway Ticket Checker as well as Railway Police but they did not understand this.
Can some one help me in this regard.
More Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service 
- Indian Railways - officials corruption 
- Indian Railways - attendants misbehavior in 2ac. 
- Indian Railways - no refund issued in case of train late more than 3 hours later cancelled
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - refund of cancellation of ticket at city station, lucknow counter
- Indian Railway - theft of mobile phone