India Today / Scam :: India Today free holiday offer . Telemarketing from Delhi region

1 India Review updated:

11 Sept 2009 :: 11:11 AM :: I receive call from this Number +91 [protected]. THis guy claims to be calling from INdia Today and says my name has been short listed (of course :-)) and I am eligible for a holiday package with 3 family members and other goodies anywhere and the voucher si valid for year.. blah blah blah.. Then he say a token amoung of 3K something is going to be changed to my credit card. I will be routed to an IVR and I need to give my credit card number, expiry date and CVV number.. wow...
These kind of idiots need to be stopped. If the number can be traced the police should apprehend these criminals now.

Comments

• Vi
      9th of Jul, 2008
    India Today 7th July issue - NONDELIVERY
    LIG 7/101 AKSHAY PARK GOKUL ROAD HUBLI, KARNATAKA
    Hubli
    Phone: (0836) 2335611

Dear Editor,
    I am a subscriber to your esteemed weekly "India Today".
    My subsciption code is 18066782CPS.

• Ut
      1st of Oct, 2009

I have received a mail under the joint logos of 'India Today' and 'Today Shop', offering Reebok 'Lite Speed' shoes worth Rs. 2599 + Reebok Tracksuit worth Rs. 3999, at a total discounted price of Rs. 1, 999 + postal delivery charge of Rs. 299, plus a free holiday package of 2 nights/3 days' stay at any one hotel or location, said to be worth Rs. 5, 000, provided I shelled out another Rs. 800/- by DD. I checked up the tariff for one such hotel for a double room for 2 for 2 nights, and what do I get? Total price is Rs. 2, 599 only! Of course, I was given the choice of 'cash on delivery', apart from Credit Card

Anyway, since the terms and conditions of this 'promotional' offer spelt out that I must post a 'Booking Order Form' to avail of the Holiday Offer to a certain address, I sent an e-mail to the address given in the offer for queries, as to how and when I will get that Form. No reply so far. I tried the phone no. also given for queries, but apart from music accompanied by repeated voice messages for more than 15 min. that my call was important to them and I should hold on, I have heard nohing!

• Ku
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Same thing here, this people are cheaters and they loot people of their hard earned money. Even if you receive a holiday form and if you send Rs. 800 by Demand draft, this amount is sure to be guttered. You will not recieve anything afterward.

• Cr
      4th of Mar, 2011
    India Today - Free Gift not received
    India Today
    India
    preventionindia.in

Respected Sir/Madam,

I had subscribed for Prevention Magazine in the month of November 2009 for 2 years. At that time, there was an offer of a free gift 'A Juicer' on 2 year subscription. It was told that after subscribing I will be receiving my free gift within 4-6 weeks. I didn't receive it even after that and I decided to mail them. I tried mailing them, but each time I used to get an automated response from the Customer Care Executive named Nitin Kumar or Mohit or Rangeshwari or some other person saying that the gift is dispatched and I will be receiving it in the period of 3-4 weeks which obviously I didn't receive. I sent them mails back to back from the Jan 2010 to Dec 2010. Still I keep getting lame excuses. One time I get the excuse saying the free gifts are over and they are arranging a special free gift for me which I know they were not doing. I feel so helpless. These people behave the way they want to. Why lure customers like this if they didn't want to send the free gifts? This is plain cheating I believe. I tried calling the customer care, it doesn't seem to work. When I called the Delhi office, one rude Lady picked up the call and told me its not the correct number and directed me to the same old customer care number. I tried calling her back telling her it's not working, she replied rudely to me. I have nowhere to claim. I even mailed the editor-in-chief of the magazine, Sanghamitra and many other people but nobody is reverting back with a concrete answer. They can tell me that they are not going to send any gift and that was just a hoax. But I believe that they don't even have the courage to say that. The only option remains with me is to tell the people who are subscribing to not subscribe because they are inviting problems for themshelves.

Feeling so helpless because I was so excited about the juicer coming and it never came. It's already 1.5 yrs since I subscribed :(

Hope my complaints will be answered

My subcription id is PREV1585185

C

• Mi
      24th of Mar, 2011

I have got a mail from India times saying a holiday package on 7 nights and 8 days was available for 7k only. This was a limited period offer. I sent an inquiry. After this I have been getting calls from this number: +911206711811. The deal includes hotel stay in various locations in India and abroad. I was required to pay 7k now and 750 at the time of booking. Voucher valid for a year. I almost bought it but then something didn't feel right. So i checked the India Times website for details. They seem to have a closed membership policy for their shopping site [baggit.com] so it seems odd that they would call people to make offers. I also tried calling the number that was calling me but the number was unrecognised. When the person called next I asked him about this and he said it was an outbound dialler and hence wouldn't be contactable. He did give me another number where I would have to call for making the booking which seemed to be his personal number. I went to the URL given by him http://www.bagittoday.com/itbc/c1184/landing.jsp and it doesn't look like a part of the India Times site.

Does anyone know if this is a scam...the offer is too good to be true and I would love to take it if it's for real.

• On
      18th of May, 2011

Dear Sir,

We have come across your online complaint registered on https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to locate your order in the system and request you to kindly provide us with the following details:-

 Booking id-
     Authentication code-
     Transaction id-

On hearing from you, we shall provide you with the status of your order.
    We value your association with Bag it today and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance, please feel free to write us on onlinesupport@bagittoday.com

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE SUPPORT whenever you e-mail us for the quicker response.

Please note our new customer care number is now – 0120-4112424

Thanks & Regards,
    Sachin
    Team, Bagit Today.

28th of Jun, 2011

Hi, Even I got a call from same number and felt the offer was tempting. Taking a risk on my Rs. 7000 I purchased the 7 Nights and 8 Days offer from Bag it Today following the same link and http://www.bagittoday.com/itbc/c1184/landing.jsp Well I even booked a vacation for Thailand with my family and it was really a brilliant experience. This do not belongs from Indiatimes but it's a part of the India Today Group as my bank statement even said the same "India Today - Mumbai". All I would say I took a risk and I was benefited... India Today is a Brand name and if you are getting something from them it's really good and you would surely be benefited...

• On
      12th of Jul, 2016

Dear Sir,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

This is to inform you that we have received your parcel back sent by you and your refund has been processed and dispatched through post on 3rd October’08 against the below mentioned details:-

Cheque no is: 344562
    Consignment no. - 43682769561
    Bank name: HSBC
    Cheque date: 13-12-2010
    Refund Amount - Rs. 153.00

We would like to inform you that we have received Adidas Bag the order returned by courier company due to some technical reason and shall re-dispatch the correct/fresh order within 2-3 week time

Please note our new customer care number is now – 0120-4112424

India Today - Non delivery of defective CD and free gift
    Bag it today
    India
    bagittoday.com

Last year around October i brought a set of 3 CD's (Britannica), the offer came through their SMS. Along with this CD set i was suppose to get Adidas bag as free gift which till date i have not received. More over that 1 of the CD was not working so i returned it for replacement but till now i have not received this also. My invoice no . ORA090028971 and order no.OGA090029512 dated 15-10-09. This company and its people are all ### holes and ### who are cheating peoples and unfortunately we are giving them a chance to cheat us. I am still receiving e-mail from this ### company. I don't know why government is mute spectator and not taking action against this fraudster companies like India today and its affiliates Bag it today.