India Today Book Club / Diamond Gift Vouchers / Diamond Vouchers worth Rs. 1,500,000 Clubbing of vouchers E-mail not received, hacked, remedial action requested
I am a very old customer of India Today Book Club (ITBC) and have purchased
articles worth many lakhs from ITBC with aprreciation and satisfaction. I was awarded Gold Box worth *Rs 15 lacs* and received *300 Diamond Vouchers* of Rs 5, 000/- each vide e-mail on 8/9/2010 at firstname.lastname@example.org. I had made further request for clubbing of theseVouchers and for paper form of vouchers, and four more payments of 29, 992/- each and some more amounts were made in this connection, totalling more than Rs 100, 000/- just for clubbing and paper format of vouchers.
Finally I was informed when I was at Vaishnodevi near Jammu a week ago that my file has been processed and cleared for clubbing and that the vouchers in paper form would be sent by DTDC courier. However, while I was at Jammu, 5 days ago, I received another telephone call asking me to be on-line for receiving vouchers. I told that I belong to Jodhpur and I will have access to my e-mail on line only after 3 days.
Two days ago I recived a phone call on my telephone No. [protected] saying that now they are sending me the Vouchers and the code through E-mail on my Hotmail Account. Within 24 hours of this phone call as I was just waiting to get this coveted e-mail from your office, I got my hotmail account hacked and access to it was totally denied. My E-mail pass word and security secret questions were also tempered and so I cannot open my e-mail account in the hotmail.
While I am taking appropriate action with customer support of Hotmail for reviving my e-mail account, I am submitting summary of my complaint as below :-
The complaint is regarding:
1. Why the Diamond Vouchers were not sent in paper format by courier despite payment by additional purchases for that purpose?
2. Why the clubbing mail was not received by me at my gmail address, though both hotmail and gmail ID's were in record?
3. Why even after my request, urgent remedial action was not taken to prevent misuse and fraud?
4. Why is it that my e-mail account on hotmail, which was known to the staff of India Today Book Club (ITBC) and also that ONLY ITBC staff knew about the e-mail being sent giving CODE numbers regarding Gold Box / Diamond Jewellery worth 1, 500, 000/- for me, was hacked by someone just hours within the phone call by a staff member from ITBC to my phone No. [protected] intimating e-mail being sent?
5. What is the remedial action now and how can I redeem my Rs. 1.5 million worth of Gold Box / Diamond Jewellery Vouchers?
Dr V K RAZDAN
Surface Mail Address:
Dr Vimal Kumar Razdan
Institute of Mental Sciences, Specialist
Razdan House, Narsingh Dara
Jalori Bari, Jodhpur - 342001
More India Today Book Club / Diamond Gift Vouchers Complaints & Reviews
- India Today Prize Management - Mega Prize Draw of 25,00,000 
- India Today - Scam :: India Today free holiday offer . Telemarketing from Delhi region 
- India Today Book Club - Paid for books but not received any 
- India Today Book Club - Advance made but book not received! 
- India Today Book Club - Online complaints 
- India Today Group - bag it today settlement amount
- India Today Magazine - annual subscription through online subscription no. ite324140
- India Today Group - not fully refunding the subscription amount - subscription no. rd16002468250
- Bag It Today / India Today Group - Robbed by Bag It Today after getting incorrect information/false promises 
- India Today Book Club - Item not received yet