Indeed.com / job posting

1 Australia, United States Review updated:

Company REA Group Ltd posting for admistrative assistant/data entry. Everything was rushed and needed to respond ASAP. Gmail emails were given to me from the interviewer. I had to download google hangouts and answer questions the person speaking to me was Randy K. Blevins. Said he was the hiring manager for REA. I have the whole conversation on google hangouts if needed. He asked me to fill out a contract for 2 weeks of training then job would start after that. I would be receiving a check from them this week to go buy the office supplies I would need. Then he said that he needed my Verizon information because he was paying off my bill plus ordering me a phone and 3 others for my co-workers. This is when I started questioning. At this point stupid me gave him my info he did pay my Verizon bill for me then Constantly kept on questioning me on if the phones were ready to pick up. I get having my phone on my bill but why would I put 3 others on my account. At this point I changed all my passwords and security questions and called Verizon to file a complaint for fraud and to say that these phones on the order need to be cancelled. I'm so mad at myself but just be aware that this is a scam!

• Updated by Krkirst, Jan 09, 2019

After telling this guy I was done and I changed all my info he had the nerve to message me and say I had phones at Verizon ready for pick up and I can pick them up tomorrow. Mind you I already contacted Verizon and did a fraud claim. Then he got rid of his google hangouts account and I no longer can see out conversation.

Kr
Jan 9, 2019

Comments

• Pa
      9th of Jan, 2019

Hi Krkirst,

I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your experience mentioned in your post. We are aware of some fraudulent activity regarding REA's hiring processes occurring and our security team is taking necessary precautions to rectify this.

It would be helpful if we could connect so that I have the full picture. Please let me know the best way and time to contact you.

Regards,