Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Scams Indeed.com this website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website

Indeed.com review: this website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website

G
Author of the complaint
6:34 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I use indeed.com to look for work. But lately, this website has disappointed me. I would see what company is hiring, and go and get an application. But when I go to get an application, the employer would tell me they are not hiring and never was. Like for example, I went to cvs to apply for two jobs that were listed in indeed.com, and I went to the manager to introduce myself and get a job application. But he told me that indeed.com always places them on their website telling people they are hiring, when really they are not hiring at all. This website shouldn't even be online. I feel they are a scam job website.

More Indeed.com complaints & reviews

Indeed.com - do not use this site.
Indeed.com - job scam
Indeed.com - account blocked, no support customer care
Indeed.com - privacy breach/false advertising
110 comments
F
Jun 22, 2022 6:29 pm EDT

Yes Indeed sucks ands its just a data collecting site. I have applied for at least 200 jobs over the last year and nota. I have one of the most excellent work records and resume so Im not lacking in a stellar employment history. You would think in a 1 million metro of Bakersfield Ca you would have a job by now. Ive done my research a little late but I will save the rest of you the grief. DO NOT USE INDEED. They will not help you.

A
Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm EDT

The shelf stocking jobs are disappearing!
Where did they go?

P
Oct 26, 2019 11:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is a fake ad. The company does not hire for this position from outside the company. The salary offered is also incorrect. They told me the job says less than 1/2 that. It is also a contract position with no benefits. 100% fake ad.

Aug 09, 2019 5:34 pm EDT

Wow, interesting I found this site. No, actually it's not. I feel Indeed is a huge scam on employers and I only had to google Indeed Scam to find some similar situations. Here is what I know. Indeed sets up fake profiles for employees. Employers pay by click and application right? So you set a budget for the day or month. If you job description meets a certain requirement there software will start to send fake applicants to ensure they meet that budget. Tried looking up several. No info. No facebook. Several no shows. I even texted this morning to confirm and interview 30 minutes prior. Potential candidate texted back... "see you soon"... Drove 20 minutes... Than... NO SHOW. I've have a lot of good details and I'm going to the local news with this one. Time to crack this Indeed thing and shut them down for good.

Aug 02, 2019 12:31 am EDT

Indeed.com is a big scam for Recruitment page!. I am an employer, they have deducted money from my card $67 with no previous jobs activated. Scam Alert.

Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This morning, i tried to open our company account for our ongoing applicant selection. Unfortunately, I was able to encode wrong passwords several times and then I cannot open our account anymore. Can somebody please help what to do?

Thanks in advance.

C
May 05, 2019 3:55 am EDT

Several jobs are listed that are past due, out of date and DEFINATLY out of the realm of minimum wage.

How do you plan on fixing this and why do I keep getting pretty much everything VERY wrong?

I am not a woman that works for under Minimum wage, however you CONTINUE to suggest them over and over and OVER again.

Nov 20, 2018 4:40 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It's against the law in south africa to charge money for an interview. Then we were told to bring an additional r850 for the 2nd interview

Nov 05, 2018 5:08 am EST

I am outraged by indeed.com that their job listings are scams! This is not only a crime but also a waste of time! This site must be taken down and whoever is responsible for all of it should get beaten!

Jun 22, 2018 3:49 am EDT

This site and its processing are full of scams. No body should believe on their luring phone calls or emails. They deceive beautifully and grab money by tricks.
sc gupta

Jun 04, 2018 5:13 pm EDT

The straight defined community and the dial call center is a scam job with postings on linked in and indeed, you will work, not per hour as advertised at 14.00 but for each sale and potential new hires will not receive phone that they bought, then you will put all your personal information in an HR site that will be cancelled later and on pay day not receive a pay check but all your sales will go to company BEWARE

May 24, 2018 7:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We were desperate to fill a position and decided to try Indeed. Never again! In one month we had 6 applicants, only 2 were semi decent, of those 2 neither worked out because of location. To add to this we apparently racked up a $400 bill! When I contacted them to find out why I was sent a bunch of crap about number of clicks and offered a $200 credit to "try again". No, we'll stick to Craigslist where our hire did come from.

I also find it incredibly convenient that you cannot review them on Yelp or their Facebook page, how are people to know this is a scam?

I
Oct 21, 2017 9:28 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Indeed will post fake jobs! When I applied via Indeed, they just they used my resume data and sent me job postings that I am not interested in. It is just a big Phishing & Data baiting — SCAM. Yes, I said a SCAM.
They suck! By the way it is impossible to get anyone's phone number, contact information, etc. Does anyone have a email address for the people who work @ indeed? If you'll notice they get on sites that complain about them and post bogus responses, like the one above from the Director of Communication.

MY COMMUNICATION TO INDEED -- Read on.
“To Mr. Hisayuki Idekoba and the Entire Legal Department & IT Security:

I am writing to you to formerly request that you please destroy all of my contact information as well as my resume. The reasons are outlined as follows:
I applied for a position via Indeed.com. I had a bad gut feeling about submitting via Indeed.com due o the problems with so multiple data breaches at so many major companies. After thinking about putting my resume out on Indeed.com, I became even more concerned. After I applied for the position, I went directly to the company site to ensure that the position I applied for via Indeed was an actual position on their site. Well, it was NOT posted on their site. I proceeded to call the company and confirmed the position did not exist. Once again, the position does NOT exist! It is my opinion that Indeed is just data baiting by fraudulently posting a non-existing job! It is my opinion that your actions are equivalent to and Internet crime by fraudulantly baiting and or phishing the public.
My second issue is Indeed’s complete lack of customer service. You treat the public like we are stupid by not allowing a job seeker to speak to anyone at the number [protected]) listed on your site. If you are a legitimate company with nothing to hide, why can’t the public call and speak to a representative, your legal department, your compliance department, your IT security department? This is s a legitimate question. I want you to know that that public is not stupid and you will lose customers.
I contacted Indeed via telephone number [protected] and @ [protected]). Unfortunately if you are a job seeker, you are instructed to leave a message, which is NEVER answered. I wanted to talked to a live person, so just by chance I pressed 2 to see if I could reach a real person and I did. You see we are not stupid. I informed the person who answered that I felt that my data was highjacked by Indeed.com by posting a fake job. I told the rep that I wanted to talk to either the Legal Department or someone in their IT Security, because I want my data back! I was totally baited! The rep stated that I could not talk to anyone, but I could write to their Legal Department. I asked for a name and was informed that this is information she does not have and obviously refused to divulge. I also asked to talk to their head of IT Security, she did not have that either. That is such complete bologna. I told her that I understood that she is instructed not to give that information, but my point once again. If you are a legitimate company, this should not be a secret. I informed her that I wanted there to be a record of my complaint and if she could provide me a tracking number of some sort. "No." was the response once again. Really!
I called the next day again to ensure that the information that I was given by the Indeed rep. was correct. I asked for the names of the legal department, IT Security as well as for a name and number of the compliance department. I was told that he did not have that information and could not give out that information and do not have a compliance department. Really!
I was given the following address to send a complaint, but no email or phone number!
Indeed Inc
Attn: Legal Dept.
6433 Champion Grandview Way
Building one
Austin, TX 78750

I did tell the rep that I wanted for him to send a copy of my complaint to someone and he was very, very hesitant and said that once I ask for legal he could not do anything. Give me a break.
In addition, I want you to ensure me that you are not selling my data to other companies or your subsidiaries. I WANT MY DATA BACK —I WANT YOU TO COMPLETELY DELETE MY DATA. SCRUB IT OUR OF YOUR SYSTEM.
I am also formerly requesting that you please respond to my request.

R
Sep 29, 2017 12:29 pm EDT

I think this company is a scam. You apply for a job on their web site and then not ten minutes later some one calls wanting to know if you want to further your education. I'm getting sick of these online employment agency's trying to make money by selling something a person doesn't want. All I want is to apply for a job without any Hassel.

Sep 14, 2017 6:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are a recruitment agency, and focused on one particular segment. Recently Indeed deactivated all are free postings, and are asking for sponsorship. When I contacted Indeed, they shared their terms where Indeed can choose to stop any free adv. for anyone and ask them for sponsorship. They did this without specifying the reasons to stop free adv... I went through their document and there is no where it is mentioned about the limitations of free adv. available from Indeed. There are other agencies operating in the same segment who continue to adv. on Indeed for Free.. In my view this is discriminatory and is a way for Indeed to arm twist companies to go for sponsored adv. I believe Indeed should have a common and a fair policy for everyone who is associated with them. I've raised the same with them, and am waiting for a response from them.

Dec 01, 2017 8:16 am EST
Replying to comment of Deepak2107

Same exact thing happened to us! I am a recruiter and posted a job for free (received confirmation email that it was free) and then all of a sudden, they started charging my credit card! WITHOUT my permission. The president of my company is STILL trying to get them to refund me. And, this all took place in July of last year.

Indeed is a FRAUDULENT company!

Sep 12, 2017 9:45 pm EDT

I just would like to know why there isn't a template for the job descriptions/postings of available positions.
Example : Wage ; Benefits: Hours .
Would save a lot of time when you are interested in certain job type within a certain wage range with or without benefits.
Go through the process of applying, taking time off to go for interview only to find that it is minimum wage, or no benefits etc.
Employers want our life and employment history on our resume, they could provide the same courtesy.

May 22, 2017 3:33 pm EDT

Indeed has proven to be a useless website. I have paid THOUSANDS of dollars to them to find "employees" and I have received hundreds of resumés (with no working phone number), sent out 100 emails (for $1 each) and all got responded back "not interested" and this website just sucks money from legitimate employers when nobody is actually interested in getting a job. I would hire 20 people TOMORROW but not a single so-called "jobseeker" on Indeed has ever really been looking for work.

May 08, 2017 1:10 am EDT

Indeed are fraud...they cheated with me for job purpose.
### you indeed. They take almost 180000 rupees for job

R
Apr 13, 2017 2:40 pm EDT

I had that same feeling. I do not know why they so insisted on reviews of companies that I worked for in the past, clearly annoying, unethical and unprofessional

I
Apr 12, 2017 9:18 pm EDT

I saw couple of jobs posting from Alvin engineering. They are not reliable

V
Apr 07, 2017 10:44 am EDT

Cake job postings. Account manager for Ahora
They do fake email money transfers. Promised laptop mobile phone business database access and cards
Benefits and employment

V
Apr 07, 2017 10:47 am EDT

Media Agora was the fraud business name not Ahora
MEDIA AGORA

G
Apr 04, 2017 1:10 pm EDT

I applied for a job on Indeed.com. I was sent an application. They wanted my Birth Date, Social Security Number, how much do I want to be paid, how much did I make at my last jobs, when did I graduate from High School, my address. This is not information that should be shared for a interview processes. This should not be allowed under any circumstances. Indeed.com needs to make it clear to the employers posting job ads that this practice is a unacceptable until you are hired. Identity theft is a really problem, and it should take priority for US, the job seekers!

H
Mar 10, 2017 9:37 pm EST

they also take down bad reviews of companies. when asked to by that company.
so you can't really get a real review of a company, such as the fairmont hotels, told us as employees not to leave a negative review online, as they will just contact the website to get it removed.

Feb 11, 2017 3:51 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please beware of Lake Royale hiring for the clerical assistant. I´ve search online and nothing came up in
Winnipeg. One search was coming up in North Carolina.

C
May 03, 2017 8:44 am EDT

Good for you though...everyone should be smart enough to do due diligence on an employer that they apply for a job with. I have always done this.

N
Sep 08, 2016 2:14 am EDT

This website and all agent are froud.this is fake company hiring job seekers and take money from them and not any job recruiment.This is my personal experience they cheated witb me they give money from me 20k and not join me to company and also they dont refund my money.Beware with this site.i complaint to police and give the add about the froudness in newspaper

Aug 29, 2016 8:10 pm EDT

Indeed is a scam site. i submitted two applications recently. both companies responded and both are scams. as result, i lost 900 dollars to this indian con artist who pretends to be a legitimate recruiter. i have also wasted hours upon hours in traveling to this interview location on my second application. just to find out that they are not hiring when i walk in. total bs. i would advise against anyone in using this vile service without verification. i reported the first scam to the police, but they told me there is nothing they could do. somebody should terminate this website.

Aug 20, 2016 11:33 pm EDT

There are so many scams on Indeed I don't know how they stay in business. Every one should report them to Attorney Generals office in your area. When they get many complaints the office will investigate them and do something about it. I filed a report and they sent a letter stating they are in the process of investigating this company.

D. Orbanic

Aug 06, 2016 7:06 am EDT

I would not recommend Indeed AT ALL. We had our ad up for front desk/receptionist for 24 hours and received 278 resumes. That would be great if a majority of them were qualified candidates, but they weren’t. Several whose resumes were 9-10 lines long for the entire resumes – including their name, address, and headings. One resume actually read, “I’ve never had a job, but I think I’d be good at this position.”

We had 14 interviews scheduled through Indeed applicants. One asked the day before to reschedule and one canceled 30 minutes before her interview. Out of the 12 left would you like to know how many showed up for their interview? One. Eleven people were no-shows. Completely unprofessional and rude and an utter waste of our time. I will never use Indeed again.

J
Jul 05, 2016 11:58 am EDT

I've submitted countless applications through InDeed, Career Builder, and Monster and NEVER hear from the so called employers that are hiring. 20 plus years experience and well educated, but not one call for an interview? These sites are waste of time.

Jun 22, 2016 11:31 am EDT

I am now realizing they lied to my staff and 60 dollars or so charges total to more than 1000 dollars
DO NOT GIVE CC TO THESE PEOPLE !
I am contacting state attorney

K
Jun 19, 2016 12:47 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am K Ganguly, India, I got a mail from indeed.career@asia.com for interview in Mahindra, I paid Rs.3000/- for registration fees, It is totally fraud.
Pls do not encourage this type of Job scam. These people are playing with candidates career. We should take action against them.

Account Name - Indeed Career
Account number - [protected]
Amount - 3000 inr (with tax)
ifsc code - CNRB0005907
Bank - Canara Bank ( Bank is located near Gurgaon Sector 5, New Delhi, India )

Imtiyaz - CRM of Indeed Career
Mobile - [protected]

Jun 16, 2016 8:51 pm EDT

Ok, I have used indeed and have asked that non-cdl driving jobs be sent email. all I am getting are the cdl required jobs. What is this place doing? Are they sitting on their hands or what? are they robots? can they even read?

N
Jun 08, 2016 5:04 am EDT

I applied for a job through Indeed and now getting tons of spam emails every day about phony jobs openings. It obviously was a fictitious job listing and they have sold my email to spammers. I usually do not apply through job boards but go directly to the company website to apply. Just wanted to let everyone know that Indeed is not reputable and to not use them at all.

Jun 07, 2016 2:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It's against the law in South Africa to charge money for an interview

Jun 02, 2016 12:19 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They advertised a job. Had to call the number was told to send a message with details. Got a sms inviting me for an interview. Got there, had to pay R95, was told if I receive a message for second interview I must bring R850 with then I will be contacted by the client. The interviewer couldn't give me the name of her company, said it was private.

H
May 31, 2016 8:45 pm EDT

Indeed is definitely a scam. I am currently unemployed and been applying for jobs for months. I only been called and emailed by jobs that I never applied to. Last month I applied for a front desk attendant position for $17 an hr and it happened to be a scam by APC services. I am done with indeed.

May 10, 2016 3:56 pm EDT

Out of all the applications I have filled out on Indeed this was the first time someone had approached me and it was by a scammer. I copied and paste what he wrote me so others could beware. After I asked him to give me a call and his web site information he no longer emailed me back. I googled indeed reviews just to see if anyone had been through what just happened to me and its a shame. Indeed needs to be taking down if they are not going to do investigations in the people who Post JOBS! They are playing with people lives and some people want a job so badly they fall to scams like this. They play on peoples emotions when all we want to do is find a damn job.

Eric Manny
To santina.bankston@yahoo.com May 7 at 9:21 AM
Dear Santina,

Further to the offer Letter sent to you, here is an instruction for your attention:

NOTE: YOUR WORK STATS TODAY, YOU WILL RECEIVE A MAIL WITH INSTRUCTION YOUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT BEST OF LUCK

We have offered you an opportunity and hope to have 100% of your loyalty and co-operation. Test of your loyalty, honesty and sincerity will be carried out from time to time. Your quick response to mails and effectiveness in discharge of your duties will be required and I urge you to be as focus as you can and always work according to instructions.

You have a period of 1 month probation to display you intellectual prowess.

Every month, we engage in a Corporate Social Responsibility by catering for needs of foster homes across the States. There are list of items to be gotten this month and you will be responsible for purchasing the items at any nearest store around you and mailing them to the foster homes. Your weekly wage, and payment for the gifts to the foster homes will be sent to you ASAP for you to make immediate purchase of the gifts.

Please note that a Check will be sent to you which will be used to funds the purchase of items for the foster homes and your first week payment. Once you have received funds, i will email you a list containing the mailing addresses of the foster homes where the gifts will be sent. I will get back to you with more information including the tracking number of the check payment once mailed to you.
Please Re-confirm the Name and Address in the offer letter to avoid any loss or misplacement of check payment.
Email back ASAP to confirm you received this notification and to confirm your readiness.
Best Regards,