ILD Telecommunications / Overcharging

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

While travelling to Grand Rapids, Mi, I had to call my contect cell phone in Ohio from the airport public phone. i made the mistake to pay with my credit card.

The call lasted 2 minutes (according to records), no operator was involved. I was charged 21.36$ for the call by IDL (I found out when i received my bill).

I got from IDL the breakdownd of the charges:

Rate per minute: $1.29 x 2 = $2.58
Operator Fee = $5.99
Billing Fee= $1.75
Service Fees = $8.50
Tax: $2.54
Total= $21.36

No need to say this is a total ripoff...

Fr

Comments

• Cy
      13th of Dec, 2010
    ILD Telecommunications - Rip off
    ILD Telecommunications

My cell phone had no coverage during a trip to Atlanta to pick up my children. I had to call their father to meet him. For a less than five minute long distance phone call (his cell phone is from Texas) I was charged $38.68. When I called ILD communications they listed off the many extra fees and extra charges with absolutely no apology. Ridiculous! It's no wonder that pay phones are becoming obsolete! I am very pissed! I promise to never use another pay phone for as long as I live and also promise to let EVERYONE know about this rip off.

• Ca
      26th of May, 2011
    ILD Telecommunications - Bad service
    ILD Telecommunications

Recently, ILD charged 12.95 to my ATT phone bill without my knowledge. I called ILD, they said I had to contact the merchant. I called that merchant so called "compufix inc" question about the charges. They agreed to credit back to my account but it would take 3 billing circles, which means "money back 3 months".

I don't know why ATT helping third partis to charge its customers. ATT is a telephone company and not a collection agency. It shoud not have done this to its customers. Helping scamers will hurt ATT reputation.

We should call up our local government to change the law stopping ATT to help third parties to post their charges on ATT customer's phone bill.