iFloor.com / Beware

Buyer BEWARE!! This company sold me bamboo flooring that their advertising states is 27% harder than hardwood. I had the flooring installed and it looked beautiful... until it was walked on. I have two dogs that are groomed and have their nails trimmed and filed regularly. Every inch of this floor is scratched just from them WALKING on it. I contacted the company and they tried to make me pay for an inspector to come and look at it. I refused. The inspector came (at their cost... gee, isn't that how a legitimate business does it?) and came up with this far fetched idea that my dining room chairs were scratching the floor. Never mind the fact that they have not been used once since the floor was laid, they have protective sliders on them, and the floor is scratched over the entirety and not just where the chairs are. Now the company is refusing any responsibility and is denying my request for compensation of any kind. They seem to think that it is perfectly normal and acceptable to shell out almost $3000 for a floor that will not take normal wear for one day. That is how long it took the scratches to start appearing. Save your sanity. At least when you deal with Home Depot they respond to your problems. At Ifloor.com they just kick you to the curb and say 'tough luck.' And then they have the nerve to say that they pride themselves on 'world class customer service.' Buyer, BEWARE!!!

Ro

Comments

• Ap
      29th of Jan, 2014

To Whom it May Concern, To Whomever Cares, To Anyone Who Will Listen, To Consumer Advocates Anywhere, Please help,

We pre-paid upfront for an order with iFloors at their Bell, California location in November 2008 in the amount of $6.474.53 during a 1-day sale. They failed to deliver, they failed to return our hard-earned money (Actually, it was a gift from my mom, so it was my sixty-year-old mother's hard-earned money).

We volunteer work in bird rescue, greyhound dog rescue, and ocean conservation, and we share our home (condo!) with 11 rescued/re-homed birds and 2 rescued dogs. My husband and I each work full-time jobs, and I'm also a part-time college student.

I don't know many people that need new flooring more than we do (with all these animals - we tore out the awful carpet). We carefully selected the best commercial grade wood-looking laminate (cherry pepper-tree) that we could afford (and for that, we even got help from my mom - she sent iFloor.com a personal check - It was part of her small inheritance from her grandparents' estate -- and now it's GONE, all gone!).

It broke our hearts to see iFloor have to file for bankruptcy, but then to watch as the company is now thriving and knowing they stole our money and didn't deliver and install our flooring as promised is just salt in the wound.

We were the very first to file a claim on their bankruptcy in King County (Seattle), but all we've received so far from the courts and lawyers in Seattle have been letters about the time and location of court dates and now a letter stating they've changed from ch.11 to ch.7 bankruptcy. We're struggling ourselves.

The materials and labor we paid for were not delivered and then we received an email from Lumber Liquidators that they were offering the iFloor.com flooring for sale for cheap to the public! The news sickened us and I cried for days.

I am tired of being told there is nothing we can do. We are desperately needing a solution to finally get some flooring in our home and put this awful issue into our distant past.

IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 5 YEARS!!!

Regards,
    April House of Playa del Rey, California, iFloor order #4089-3542327
    Here's a copy of our order:
    Account Account Rep
    720277 [email protected]
    Items
    ID Description Qty Unit Price Total
    Ship to: april house c/o iFLOOR/Los Angeles, CA, 4821 South Eastern Ave. Bell, CA 90201
    420027 True Flooring
    CA Los Angeles 252.00
    Total (USD) $6474.53
    GREAT
    EXPECTATIONS
    We want your flooring project to go
    as smooth as possible
    INSTALLING YOUR NEW FLOOR IS A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT

So much for "GREAT EXPECTATIONS".