Icon Health And Fitness / Bad quality product

United States Review updated:

I purchased a Nordic Track Treadmill from Sears in April of 2008 - total cost was about $1100, which included a 3 year comprehensive warranty. Less than 2 years later: the belt has ripped, the belt tension adjusters have fallen off, the latch to hold the treadmill up when not in use has broken, and now the console is malfunctioning. Apparently, Nordic Track does not build treadmills for people who actually use them.

Consequently, I have had to call in multiple times for warranty service. There is a minimum hold time of 25 minutes to get anyone on the phone. Customer services reps are very rude, and completely unable to diagnose the problem. They have sent out the wrong parts to me. Correct parts have been out of stock. Checking an order status on their web site never yields any results (even after I have actually receive the part! "no information was found" is the response that is received).

My treadmill has been out of commission for 10 days, and I have no repair date in sight.

Br

Comments

• Ps
      27th of Apr, 2011
    Icon Health And Fitness - Defective product
    Icon Health And Fitness

Purchased a Nordic Track Elliptical, it arrived defective. It took two weeks before a technician arrived. I was told it was unrepairable and needed to be replaced. Two weeks later a customer support rep said sorry, it'll be another week. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the rep who could not care less, put me on hold. 10 minutes later he came back and said someone will call you ina a couple of hours. In the meantime I have already paid $200.00 with another payment due.

If I stop paying I will have a black mark on my credit for a companies inferior product and absolutely no concern for the customer.