[Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service / misleading exchange rate posted on their websites

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I sent across USD10k using their power transfer service recently. At the time of money getting despoited to the receivers account, I got a mail from money2india saying money has been sent to receivers bank (which is again ICICI Bank in India). I checked the exchange rate on their website at that time and I was taken by a surprise when I noticed that there was a difference of 60ps/1USD actually posted to receivers account. I immiediately called them up on their 1-800 number and they informed me that whatever they show on their website is just indicative exchange rate and the actual rate is not available on their website. I lost almost Rs6000 in just one transaction. I do sent remittances through www.onlinesbi.com/glsus and what they show on their website is what they pay you. ICICI again proved that they can play around with cusotmers using their Marketing verbiage tactics. I would never ever use their service again.

• Resolution statement

• ICICI Bank Customer Care's Response, Aug 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Rajashekar,

Kindly write to us at care@icicibank.com with your Account number and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

Nazia Sayeed
    Office of the Nodal Officer

• ICICI Bank Customer Care's Response, Aug 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Darshan,

Kindly write to us at care@icicibank.com with your credit card number and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

Nazia Sayeed
    Office of the Nodal Officer
    ICICI Bank

Comments

• Fe
      30th of May, 2007
    Icici Personal Loan - Unsolicited calls from the bank officials
    India

I Have applied for a personal loan after long persuasion from the agent saying I have preapproved loan of about 5 Lacs. But only after i said i will take the loan of a lac the call increased. The calls were to check my identity, my work place, my house, etc.

It is terrible when somebody calls me more than 4 time in the same day to check the above mentioned detail. And then one guy comes to my office to verify. That was the last straw on my back.

1st of Jun, 2007
    Icici Credit Card - Auto debiting in spite of receiving the cheque

Re: ICICI

This is a clear case of mistrust provided to me by ICICI CREDIT CARD DEPARTMENT.

My due date on my credit card 5176370148325008 was on 29.05.2007. I deposited a cheque of Rs 800 against my total outstanding of Rs 6400 on 25.05.2007 vide cheque no 138546 (ICICI-BHOWANIPUR BRANCH) .

The ICICI credit card had an minimum amount to pay of RS 330 which should have been auto debited from my account if i do not pay on 29.05.2007.

But to my horror i am finding that both Rs 800 that i deposited on 25.05.2007 as well as the auto debit amount of Rs 330 being debited from my account on 29.05.2007.(total-800+330=1130).

Subsequent call has resulted in no such rectification of my problem. I am in a loss on both end as i fail to understand why both the amount were deducted simultaneously or whether the bank deliberately want to harass customer before the due date 29.05.2007 is over.

PLS adhere to the complain seriously and rectify my problem as soon as possible.

13th of Sep, 2007

IAM SATHISH IN TANJORE TAMIL NADU ICICI BANK ACCOUNT HOLDER MY A/C NO: 612801513995 want personal loan i contrect (DSA) THE EXECUTIVE SAMITED MY ALL I.T. PAPPER IAM APPLIED DATE 12.8.07 BUT NO RESPONSIBILITY PLEACE KINDLY PROCES MY FILE QUICKLY PLS

28th of Sep, 2007
    ICICI Bank - Credit card fraud!
    India

I gave my details for a credit card after immense pressure from a young man from ICICI and hence applied for a credit card, which I never got due to one 'expressit' courier who couldn't locate my house in the middle of an important road, nor my office HP Globalsoft next to their office in electronic city. That was 2 and half years back.

After a year of application I started getting SMS statements, tried having it checked with ICICI personal via the helpline and in person, with no avail. I was shrugged off as I didn't have the whole credit card number but just the last 4 digits from the sms statement. After 2 years I got a statement for the month of august in my office mailroom, with all my details. On trying to clarify all these I couldn't get anywhere.

Again I have had several debits from my ICICI savings account which went to the card which I never received and messed up my loan payments. Today I am at my wits end with continuous harassment from ICICI goons.

I have no other way to solve this issue then to commit some heinous crime or to depend on the country's law. I just hope and pray that no ICICI folks come in my way... ever!!

• Pl
      29th of Sep, 2007
    ICICI BANK-SB A/C - Amount blocked in SB A/c - ICICI cheater
    India

why my sb a/c is treated as NRI status .why it is blocked.why minimum amt is not transferred to c-card

• Sh
      14th of Nov, 2007
    ICICI Bank - Irresponsible Act by ICICI Bank

It is very sad to tell that inspite of (Anwar Mohd Khan
    Customer Service Manager ICICI Bank Limited) taking up my complaint and trying to resolve it, i received call again today(14th Nov 2007) from ICICI credit card division that i need to make the payments. I told the lady who was talking to me that i don't have credit card and had login the complaint previously, she said its not reflecting in their system. I really don't understand how things are done at their branch.

Its very disappointing to write such mail , but i have no other choice.
    If this is the treatment to a person who doesn't have a credit card, i can imagine the plight of the person who owns it. Because of behavior I would in fact tell my friends not to go for ICICI credit cards.

To maintain that good will and gesture I request the concerned authorities to look at my problem and take some action to solve this issue.

Shilpa

20th of Dec, 2007
    Icicibank - Not Getting Support
    icici bank
    www.icicibank.com

Hi,

I am rakesh maisuria , working with niko resources under contract of
    OCS. Salary Account purpose icici bank come to our company, i had
    provide
    proper document which required to open icici bank account including my
    Passport copy.

When i came to know that my bank account it activated and i am getting
    my salary properly i notice that my name is not proper in Bank Account
    so i requrest icici bank to make it proper. it was all most two month
    past but no one had replied me properly and no one had give me proper
    way even though i had followed all the possible ways guided from
    icicibank, at the end i am frosted. all though i had not done any
    mistake from
    my side i had supply proper document to icici bank, but it was mistake
    from icicibank that they put my incorrect name in account.

Rakesh Maisuria
    Niko Resources Ltd.
    Mobile : 9427586186

8th of Jan, 2008
    ICICI Bank - online trancation
    infosys bpo
    India

i submitted my documents to icicbank for the loan purpose .they ask for the credit card detail which was provided by me to them.Then the decline my loan proposal .Adivisor of icici bank took the photocopy of my credit card.After two days ther was online transcation for rupees four thousand on my credit card.I am very much sure that this is done my Icicbank people itself.becuse i am the only user of my credit card .This thing are happening becuse of poor mangement of icic bank to provide customer security.

• Gg
      22nd of Feb, 2008
    ICICI - Notice sent by icici lega dept noida
    PERSONAL
    India

This is to bring to your notice that your legal department sent a heart breaking notice asking me to pay Rs.28,285.24 ( CREDIT CARD NO 4477460605213000).

First of all I informed your recovery people who comes home and people who calls regularly, that the was cut and sent back to your Mumbai office the moment I received the card. The card was misused by theft and sending me statement to pay the amout. How is it possible? While the purchase is made the charge slip is to be signed by the card holder. You have not given any copy of the merchandose copy. You can always verify the signature with my signature on my application.

You people regularly come and disturb my wife while I was away, in fact she was threatened when she wa alone. I cant understand these rediculous things. You people should have system to detect the fruadlent card user. For somebody's misuse you have ruined my life and send notice. When the card is not in my pocession, how the card is being used? Is it staff in your department has misused? It came in paper two years back that people working in ICICI credit card section are detecting cancelled card and misuse the card. Why not I be one of the victims?

Further, your sales guys are really tourchering call every now and then asking us to apply for credit card. You cant force people to do the same. Actually one Mr. MAHA SIMAN ( 9841899769) ICICI REPRESENTATIVE approached me to apply for the card for his sales target and once the card issued it can be torne and sent back. I did the same. For doing the favour I was put in a soup. I suspect this guy also who would have misused.

The notice sent by AADRASH LAW FIRM REF:11053 dated 14 Feb 2008.

You sort out this problem and see that I am not penalised. I am true that I dont have pocession of any ICICI credit card and the credit card was not used even a naya paise.

Pls look into my mater and expecting a favourble reply soon.

G.GANAPATHY SUBRAMANIAN

• Te
      26th of Feb, 2008
    ICICI - chetaing with me after account settlement
    credit card-icici bank
    www.icici.com

I was credit card holder of icici bank in 2004 . I setteled the my account with credit card division and pay as per settlement but my salary account was blocked by credit card div. due to non-payment of credit card payment as per credit card division .i have pay so many auto debit but still issue pending .so many communication with customer care on mail still case is pending ,Due to this i am facing lot of problems.

• So
      10th of Apr, 2008

sir i am a business man mera tent house ka business hai i am from bhopal mp. sir main icici bank 2 wheeler loan mela ke liye tent light, ground, guard, sub ka arrangrment karta tha sie ye work main 3 years ke kar raha hu jiska mujhe payment bhe mil jata tha par sir last year mere bills jinka amount 2.75lakhs abhi tak nahi mil paya is ke regarding main puri koshish bhe kae le sir six months se main icici customer care par mail bhe kar raha hu unhone kafi baar mere mail ka jawab bhe diya ke aap ka case process main hai sir last time mujhe kuch days before mumbao se call bhe aya ke aap ka payment 45 days main ho jayega aur mujh se mera pen no bhe le liya sir 21st of march ko 45 days complete ho gaye par koi payment nahi mila sir main last 3 days se icici bank ke customer care site par mail kar raha hu par koi reply nahi aa raha meri firm ka name kapoor tent house hai sir mujhe bataya ke main kya karu. thanking u sonu kapoor my mobile no is 09300060735 hai

• Su
      9th of May, 2008
    ICICI Bank - ATM use that's never use by us
    ICICI Ltd

Dear sirs,
    We have been allted Bussiness card bearing the No.4132 8975 1137 8004 during the month of july 07.However we have never utilised that card for any purpose.On 7th of may 08 at 10.20am we recieved telehonic massage about ATM withdrawl of Rs1500/- each on 20th and 28th March 08.
    there seems to be a mistake or any other person has commited the fraud. which is not our responsibility.

• Su
      9th of May, 2008

We are not satisfied with the service of ICICI Bank.

• Ne
      7th of Jun, 2008
    Icicibank - using of atm
    248-shivala colony
    amritsar
    Phone: 0183-2271481

Dear Sir,
    I am having saving a/c 072104000014474with IDBI bank court road Amritsar and using ATM card No.4214 2607 2452 0444. Today I withdrew Rs.10000(4000-4000-2000)from ATM of iCICI bank Hall Bazar Asr as the ATM of IDBI was not working. But the ATM of ICICI was also notworking properly and jumping.Resulting my account has been debited with Rs.12ooo(4000-4000-2000-2000). As such you are requested to please refund the execess amount of Rs.2000 debite d in my IDBI account and credit the same in my account.072104000014474 with them.

Thanks

RAGP Branch, Ohio Tower
    Maskhowa, Ghy-01.

Subject : Non receipt of credit card

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that I have applied for credit card on 11th June’2007 through a sales executive of your bank named Mr. Anup. Unfortunately I have not received my credit card. But on 17th September 2007 I had received a call from Kolkatta regarding dues against my unused & non receivable card.

You are requested to kindly take some necessary steps against this issue as your phone calls are hampered in my usual duties.

With regards

Jayanta Thakuria

• Ri
      15th of Jul, 2008
    ICICI Bank - Car loan
    www.icici.com

Following the sad demise of my father Mr.Rajan P.V on october 2007, i had closed his car load amount of around one lack thirty thousand at the Calicut main branch of icici bank on april 29, 2008 through a single payment. The branch manager had told that the relevant car papers will be send within two weeks. Till now it has not been delivered. If i call up they behave indifferently. Without those papers it is difficult to take car out or update the insurance papers. I have never seen such a screwing bank in my life. In paper so many complaints have appeared at times.

• Vi
      13th of Aug, 2008
    ICICI Bank - Terrible everything
    www.icicibank.co

I have got credit card and on one txn they have built in EMI for 18 months. Now I want to foreclose the same, Bank is asking for advance interest for next month along with Foreclosure charges. As per me Foreclosure charges are ok but I raised dispute on paying advance interest. Actually they are asking for interest till next month If I foreclose the same today.

Vivek.

• Mo
      19th of Aug, 2008
    ICICI Bank - DEDUCTION OF AMOUNT FROM MY A/C
    Saudi Arabia

D/Sirs, I am a NRE account holder in the ICICI Bank of India. Without informing me they have deducted the amount being low balance amount as per their rules but they never informed me or any customer in Saudia that the min balance from 10000/- rupees increased to 15000/- rupees. If they increased this they should inform the customer. It shows, they can deduct any amount balanced with them without informing to the customer. How you believe a bank?

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2008
    ICICI Bank - Improper charges and practices

In my case I added mandatory holder to ICICI and submitted all the papers. I returned to US after that thinking that everything is alright but I realised that they lost all my documents. Fortunately, I had all copies but it didn't work. I had to redo all the procedure during my next visit to India. Tremendous Inconveniecy.

Above all, ICICI operated my account and cut the charges without informing me any policy change. The customer service is so rude and executives are immature young kids. They know nothing. I am closing my account in a week. That's it. No more relationship with ICICI.

I suggest that NO NRI should open account with ICICI. They are short of fraud. I am also filing complaint agains them to RBI in Bank Ombudsman. Everyone should also do it.
    reply edit reblog flag record video comment

• Ni
      24th of Oct, 2008

I was been send a Platinium American express credit card even though i had not applied for it. And a charge of Rs.10000+2000 was deducted from my credit card without my knowledge.I immediately cancelled the card but the charge is not yet reversed to my account. I kindly request to reverse the amount as early as possible.