ICICI Bank Nri Bankingcustomer service sucks

I don't even know where to start with my complains against ICICI NRI banking. First of all we have to do everything online and if you get stuck we call their phone # and person who picks up the phone is in a hurry to hang up instead of assisting you all the way. And if you punch in something wrong the the system locks you down and you Will not have access to your funds or transfers no matter how emergency your need is for the money. They tell you they can't do anything for 3 full business days. Their customer service sucks. They don't have the capacity to handle NRI accounts. Recently I had to transfer money to India and till today I was unable to do it. They asked me to wait till they send me a transaction password via courier. I am stuck with ICICI till I visit India to open another Bank account and then close this ICICI account. Another thing that annoys me is if I don't use my account they make my account INACTIVE so that I can't write checks till i send them a written signed request. Anyways all I have to advice to every one about ICICI BANK is open an account only to save your money and forget that it exists because accessing your account or transferring money for medical or any other emergencies from this ICICI BANK ACCOUNT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE OR CHAOTIC. There are No Supervisor's or Managers who come forward to help you . This Bank is only for people who live in India, Its not equipped to help NRI customers.

Comments

• Ic
      Oct 12, 2012

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us your contact details at [protected]@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon to assist you. Kindly refer 'UID:3570975' in the subject line.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

• Ra
      Oct 12, 2012

Employees and management @ ICICI have to go get trained for customer service and how other international banks are operating. Or if you think it is too much close your NRI services for good. That will be so great ! Thanks for offering to help directing me to customer care but I think that department @ ICICI needs lot of help .

• Bo
      Apr 30, 2017

My NRI account with ICICI has been locked out for years. The reams of paperwork I sent to make the account operable have not even been acknowledged. The account is still dormant. This is a status that the RBI designed to help customers by preventing fraudulent use of inactive accounts by insiders at the bank. But the banks have cleverly used that to lockout customers from their own accounts. There is no way to use the money, close the account, other than by going through the tedium of overseas mail to their Mumbai headquarters which anyhow will never be acknowledged much less addressed. If you think this has all the marks of a fraudulent system, you are probably right.

Their phone banking is a joke, an illustration of how you can have lots of people at work and still do nothing for the customer. Without reservation, their customer service ranks as the worst among all the banks I have dealt with. They also deserve the highest marks on bureaucracy, incompetence, outdated modes and methods that make life unpleasant for the customer. Perhaps this is the true mission of the ICICI Customer Service Department: Make life hell for the customer so they will never, ever make the mistake of contacting customer service.

On the rare occasions that I happen to visit their branch in India, the expectation is that I have to fall on their feet for them to provide any service to me -- for the simple mistake I made years ago by opening an account with their bank.

Save yourselves a lot of grief. Stay away from ICICI.