ICICI Bank / current account debited by the bank without balance & without authority
On a sales tax authority instruction, the bank not only debited the 40k available in the account, but debited the account by 252k taking the account to a negative balance of -212k without any intimation or notice to the customer. The current account was a normal one with no OD facility & hence without any authority to debit the account to negative balance.
Since then, the bank has been sending daily SMS to the customer & harassing him to regularize the account.
Can a bank take such action without informing the customer?
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Bank - unable to confirm payee while abroad 
- ICICI Bank - netbankig froud 
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance - fraudulent icici prudential insurance policy without my knowledge 
- ICICI Credit Card - false statement 
- ICICI Prudential - fraud by icici prudential agent and need urgent assistance 
- ICICI Bank - sarwagya updhyay, amit goel icici bank manager cheated, mg road, blr