Ice Platinum Rewards / misrepresentation - fraud

1 Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

1- we were approached by a royal solaris representative who said we would get $1200 cash equivalent each year for 3 years for air, hotel, car rentals, etc. After we paid, ice told us "sorry, will not cover air, car rentals, etc., only covers hotels and resorts; however, they also expire within a year.
2- I had a call saying that if I pay my membership in full - instead of installments - i'll get 7 days grand mayan riviera for free. When I tried to book, they said I either have to pay more or settle with nuevo vallarta.
3- when I was offered premium membership, they offered one week free resort certificate and 4 days cruise. As soon as I got the resort, they disabled my cruise. Every time I call, they say"sorry, we will fix it for you." — it's been a year now and it's still not fixed after at least 6-7 calls.
4- their prices for flights are one of the highest you can find online. Don't believe their price promises.

The person responsible for my account at ice is michael eaton. Every time I call he is as useful as a call transfer button.

Bunch of thieves!!!

An
Jun 7, 2015

Comments

• Rf
      28th of Jun, 2015

We own a timeshare in Club Royal Solaris for almost 8 years. At first, we've expected much more for our membership. I thought that it's below average hotel, amenities, food and service. So, we used other deals through Travelocity and Expedia just to explore hotels around and be there, we people recommended us to go. We 've been at many large and luxury hotels. Now we value our timeshare in Royal Solaris (Cabo) above all.
    It's a medium size, well organized, great in services and quality of food, well organized fun and entertainment resort. The atmosphere there is very friendly, After comparing it to large and expensive places, It' the best deal for the money! Now we have been using it each time we go on vacations, and I truly feel comfortable in good hands of Royal Solaris! Everyone who stays there becomes friends, because they feel welcomed therefrom the first step to the lobby. The service, drinks and restaurants are outstanding with the membership, even though this hotel is not a 5 star hotel, but with a timeshare we pay a discounted rate for a tasty, all-inclusive food for 30 years, and we can go there any time without awaiting for a special deal, town by Expedia or Travelocity.
    After 8 years of ownership we started appreciating it more and more. My timeshare has been paid-off on the first day of purchasing, and now it pays back with its great deals, Of course, you have to know what's worth the money: the high and prime time of your week usage, amount of weeks, maintenance fees or none, and the room accommodation. It's up to you what you can negotiate with the sales people. We changed weeks and purchased vacations on majority of well known places in Cancun, Rivera Maya and Cabo, butI am sure now: Royal Solaris worth every penny we paid for it. No one can surprise us with reach looking hotel entrances, like some massive marble columns or white curtains on your balcony, but when it becomes boring and meaningless of spending much more money on the magnificent looking lobby, We started valuing our Royal Solaris experience and fun we have had there. Next year we are going there again!