IC System / people who are in debt

1 MN, United States Review updated:

To everyone who has a problem with IC System, pay your freaking bill!
It is not illegal to collect money from low life ###, so all the people who complain they keep recieving calls, or are rude, best thing is get over it and pay your bill!

Ic

Comments

• Sh
      29th of Jun, 2008

Attn: IC REP

No, it's not illegal to collect a valid debt but it is illegal to be abusive or harassing per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Consumers often face legitimate hardships (divorce, illness, loss of employment, etc) that make it extremely difficult if not impossible to pay off delinquent debt. It is not necessary to harass debtors or relatives of debtors in the process of collecting. Follow the guidelines of the FDCPA --- it's the law! Something to think about besides your commission.

• Wi
      7th of Aug, 2008

No calling me 7 times a day and harrassing me is a violation of my rights. You collectors have NO IDEA what has happened at our house to cause this situation. Of course you don't care and that is the problem with America today, nobody cares about nobody. Well I was all for payment arrangements and eventually a settlement, but come on, I cannot trust a collector with my checking account info. Do you take me for a fool? But to say I refuse to pay, it absolutely far from the truth. I got behind on my mortgage because I paid WaMu faithfully while we were having hard times. So I decided I need my house, car and food for my kids. I had to give up something during these times and that would be WaMu. Considering I was never late on a payment and they raised my interest from 9.9 to 29 in one month. Guess what, they received what I borrowed long before now, they can eat the interest.

• Ti
      29th of Jan, 2009

What a dip! If someone has debt and has the money to pay that debt, then yes, they are ### if they refuse to do so. However, when you lose your job and face unemployment in a very uncertain economy, then you do what you have to do. Thousands of people have lost their jobs this week alone, over 50, 000 people! I was laid off in June and have struggled with unemployment money going towards credit cards, food, clothes, etc.. and trying to find another job in the middle of it. Yes, I too am behind on my bills, but not because I am ### or that I don't care. It is very degrading to me to know I cannot make the payments, but that's ok. I know who I am and what I stand for and I don't need a rude, IC rep to tell me that I am talking over him and to shut up. That is totally unnecessary and not a good way to get someone to pay anything. Manipulation is not something I respond kindly to. I wonder how the IC reps manage to look at themselves in the mirror each day knowing how they treat people. God help them if they ever lose their jobs!

• Dr
      6th of May, 2010

The ### that posted this comment obviously doesnt realize that he solely represents an agency here. and If that is how he feels about his clients, then what the hell is he doing collecting debts.

I work for a debt collection agency and where I work, we understand hard times. yes you have to be pushy to collect debts but you do not have to be abusive...Im calling these lowlife ### tomorrow just to push them.

Let them violate FDCPA with me, It will be recorded.

• Ic
      17th of May, 2010

I too am an IC rep and trust me, I know people go though rough times. But, honestly, we have a policy we have to follow not to mention we never know who is lying and who isn't. So just because you say "i lost my job, my dog is is the hospital, and my checkbook is in the car.. oh and also it's raining so i can't put a money order in the mail" doesnt mean you dont owe the debt. Our job is to collect the money you failed to pay, regardless of the situation. We aren't here to comfort you and if you are recieving "harrassing" or "abusive" phone calls then why don't you report it to our superiors?