Hydro One / Legal Robbery

1 Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Hydro One put a smart metor on our lake property south of Parry Sound. Keep in mind this is a cottage and we are not there all the time. One month in January the metor read 45 the next month it read 141. Nothing was left on there was no reason it should have jumped so much. They did an inquiry and told us that the reading was down the month they took another reading so we would have to pay the legal robbers 3 times the previous bill. If this is not legal robbery what is it. The consumer is treated like dirt.

Comments

• Ri
      11th of May, 2010

Please contact me from my blog: h1ripoff.blogspot.com. Starting a class action against Hydro One.

• Sp
      7th of Nov, 2011

I would have just told them to www.flickoff.org. Only idiots give people money for nothing. Let them take you to court - are they gonna spend $5000 to collect $500? Lol!

I am sick of reading about people crying about high bills but then they just pay them. Too funny. Maybe they should try growing a spine? Power to the Sheeple! Roflmao.

• Cj
      21st of Nov, 2012

Yes let them take you to court and if you lose you get to pay the court costs. Right!!
    The Ontario Hydro is over charging Everyone because they are actually selling less Hydro and have to show a bigger profit each quarter. Something like cooking the books. Anyone that get a estimated bill on the new smart meter system this is what is happening and the excuse that the meter isn't work properly is just that an EXCUSE to keep you paying high rates I keep all online snap shot of my account records back for years.

18th of Jun, 2013

Generator at at Princess Auto is about $500. I only need to run it 1 hour a day to pump water. Use wood stove for heating. Put milk and butter in the cistern, we can actually live without a fridge. For a good hot shower and hot tub, membership at the local Recreation Center is about $300 a year. Might as well hand wash clothes at the Rec Center while I'm at it. Let's boycott Hydro One and have all have our houses disconnected from Hydro One.