Hughsnet / terrible service!

United States Review updated:
HughsNet is by far the worst Internet Service Provider in the freaking world! You have to spend hours on hold, hours talking to every GD Gandi in India and still get no help. Try taking it to a english speaking supervisor and you'll get the same thing. Idiots with no customer service skills at all. Only thing HughsNet knows how to provide and provide good is charging ungodly amount of money for absolutely zero service. One can only hope that all the economic problems going on will affect them as a company and rid us of such shady businesses.

Comments

Am
  13th of Jun, 2008
I had big issues with my service. My hughsnet was installed on 6/11/08. I had it shot off on 6/12/08. I was told that I had thirty days to decide if Iwanted it or not. Yea right LIARS! I could disscounted and pat $400, but would be refunded $200 if I shipped and paid for shipping the equipment back.Bull crap.
I spoke to more then one person who kept telling me that they could not doing anything. I then spoke to a supervise, who informed me that the day my service was installed they tried to bill my credit card, which they did not have permission to use. So make a long story short after all this run around I contacted corporate and spoke to a very nice lady named Rebecca. She was the only one willing to fix the issuse for me. The corporate number is 301-428-5500. Calll them with your issuses because you will not get any where with customer service. If we keep passing on this number maybe they will see that they can't keep doing bussiness the way that they are and fix the issuse.Hope this helps.
Ra
  7th of Sep, 2010
I connected Hughsnet in November 2009. When I placed the order I was not informed about a contract. I specifically asked if there was one and they stated there was not. The installer arrived while I was not at home and charged over $100.00 for a router that he stated was needed and was not. My room mate unknowingly paid for this un-needed piece of equipment. (SCAM) That next day I checked my checking account and they had debited my account for $449.00 when I called them they said that was the cost of the equipment. I stated that i was not buying but leasing. The installation which was quoted as free with no contract now cost an additional $149.00 instillation and equipment fee for a total of $249.00. Today September 7 2010 I was notified that I had to vacate my rental house. Property was sold. I called Hughsnet was placed on hold for forty-five minuets. When an operator answered she stated that early termination of a contract would result in a $400.00 penalty. I explained that I did not have a contract and she explained that there was nothing that could be done I would be billed. I asked for a supervisor. His accent was horrible and barely understandable. His comment you will be charged period. I have contacted BBB and they stated Hughsnet has a very bad reputation with many complaints. To date I have had my service interrupted many times. I am only allowed 200Mb maximum in a 24 hour period after which the service locks-up. It is only available without interruptions sometimes between 2:00 am and 6:00 am if the 200Mb limit is exceeded you do not have service until twenty-four hours after you exceeded this limit. Tokens are available for $5.00 for each additional 200Mb. If you call customer support you are charged almost $4.00 a minute and they download their updates and charge it to your allotted 200Mb. This results in not having service sometimes for days at a time. I just learned about the corporate number and was informed that I may receive better service with them. I hope this information is helpful in deciding if you want to receive service from this provider. 301-428-5500 is the corporate number.
Br
  9th of Apr, 2015
They steal money off my cc anytime they feel like it over drafting me nonstop after being told to take card off file and never touch it again. They say I'm sorry I can't do anything by a supervisor and what do you know they do it again!!! Need a attorney!!!

HSN Logo HSN