HughesNet / slower than dial up and no support!

IL, United States Review updated:
About 16 or 17 month's ago I had Hugesnet satellite installed Because I can not get DSL and or Cable here in the country. After paying around $500.00+ for the equipment a Young man come to install the system He insisted he could not install the system with out a pole mount and that would be an additional $110.00, This was for the pole and a bag of cement to set the pole in the pole cost $9.00 and the bag of cement cost $6.50 at a local hardware store. I am sure this person was getting payed from Hughesnet now I am in $610.00 and I still don't have High speed internet after an hour or so the system was up and running and I felt I had been Had!!! At $59.00 a month I got terrible up and download speeds at peek times some of the time I could not even get on the net I had kept my Dial up Just in case as I had to use it often. After a wile this so called FPA Had kicked in so I upgraded to the pro plan and was told this would be fast 1.5 down and 200 up all this for only $79.00 a Month thats $80.00 a month for An average of 77 down and 20 up during peek times they have a disclaimer for this too. I recently call about slow speed and got 3 (three) different stories about my slow speed and no help was available and that I was to wait for a call from the next level of support with in 24 to 48 hours. No one called I called back only then did I talk with level 4 this is what they said and some one would call with in 5 work days They called and said they knew there was a problem and the were working on this problem. still have the same problem I would think they have over sold there available bandwidth this has been a total negative experience and I would not recommend this service to any one They have my money and I got terrible service. I will put out the word about this matter as much as I can Hughesnet get your stuff together.

Comments

Da
  16th of Jul, 2008
Hughesnet has been a total rip off!!! Slower than dial-up!!! And NO support and NO HELP!!!
Jo
  3rd of Feb, 2009
I had Hughesnet installed March 2008 because I have no other option living in the country.
It cost me $80 a month and is down more than it is up and working. I have called in trouble at least 8 times.
The last time I called, two weeks ago...they determined my problem was my modem. They sent me a new one...I replaced it and it did not work. I was on the phone with 4 different reps for 2 1/2 hours and then, they told me ...
"well...obviously... the problem is the dish. We will have a service man come out but, it will be a service charge. You can ship the modem back to us at your expense". There is absolutely nothing wrong with my dish...it is the modem.
If I had another option for internet, it would be worth the penalty to get rid of this nickle and dime service.

Hughes Network Systems Logo Hughes Network Systems