Hughesnet / their fap policies
Under hughes nets new FAP policy when you exceed (even though they seem to count with bigger numbers) your basic allowance, under their new policy they virtually shut you down for 24 hours. And by shut you down I mean way down. Even though they say your speeds will be reduced, I call reduced to 15 KB down to be atrocious to say the least.
The biggest rip off in the industry and furthermore you cannot talk to anyone about it, their tech support is a nightmare and letters to their corporate headquarters go completely ignored, never even an acknowledgment.
You escalate your complaint thru three or four techs who can't understand your problem and you ger some sort of third or higher lever tech who very rudely tells you that is the way it is and refuses to explain or elaborate.
Basically you can do nothing but pay their bill. I have been using four different speed analyzer programs since last October on HughesNet, one of the four is theirs. All four of them run back to back report within 2 or less percent of each other. HughesNet over the seven months I have been on have shown speeds in the 7 to 900 kb down at 6 AM to Noon then it starts a stead slide down to where from 7 to midnight you are lucky to exceed 90 kb down and sometimes as low as 6 kb down. This is consistent and has been every day for all of these seven months. But if you pose this to a tech they tell you bah humbug and writing corporate is a non-starter.
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - wifi service
- Hughes Network Systems - service and slow speed
- HughesNet.com - internet & customer service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees