Hughesnet / hughes.net email is in the dark ages!

I had my email under Direcway for 4 years until somebody, without my consent and without amending my service contract, switched it to "Hughes.net." Now I cannot relay email, nor can I use another ISP to receive email. Under Direcway, I could use a local ISP which was on all of my stationary and internet accounts. This ISP had an excellent Spam and virus control which I could set the sensitivity and delete the spam myself. Now, I have no idea if there is any spam or virus control with Hughes.net because they have no settings for it. In my Eudora account which defaults to a "dominant" personality, Hughes.net will not allow the relay. In addition, they claim that some of my recipient's email addresses, one of which is my nephew, may have been forged and refuse to deliver the mail! I have tried to talk with techs from India, who even a Hindi couldn't understand, and he was hopeless. It is a mess and a breach of the original contract that I had with Direcway! I am prepared to set up a blog to fight these incompetents. If you want to help, pleas email me - although you may get a message that my address has been "forged."

Va

Comments

• St
      16th of Jun, 2010

SIR/MADAM,
    I M FROM INDIA(my email add: [email protected]), I GOT THE FOLLOWING MAIL, IS IT TRUE ?
    NOW DIPLOMAT DAVID REX IS IN INDIA(MUMBAY)
    HE CALL ME TO COLLECT THE PRIZE AND HE DEMAND 29.000 INR AS CUSTUME DUTY.
    HIS CELL PHONE NO. IS +919820395002

(I)Dear: e-Mail Winner,

The WINDOWS LIVE & MICROSOFT WINDOWS has set out and successfully
    organized a Sweepstakes marking the beginning of year anniversary. We
    rolled out over 10, 000.000.00 (10 million e-mails) to mark the 2010
    Anniversary Draws.Participants for the draws were randomly selected and
    drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their BETA patronage
    attaching personalized email addresses to ticket numbe which subsequently won you (One Million Pounds
    Sterling)(£1, 000 000) as one of the 10 jackpot winners in this draw.

Please contact our fiduciary agent for claims with the contact below
    Agent.

Congratulation!!!

Sincerely,
    Rose Woods (Mrs.)

(2)DEAR WINNER

In this regard we want you to be aware that our Diplomat David Rex will leave United Kingdom this evening to Deliver your winning package(1million pounds sterlings) to you in person in INDIA. So you are advise to clear up your Winning package from the Custom Deprtment as soon as the Diplomat gets to INDIA.

Dr. David Rex the Diplomat will give you a call immediately he arrives INDIA and also notify you through email. We hope this be a better option for you. As soon as you clear up your winning package from our Diplomat, Kindly inform us for further correspondent and to update our records.

Also note that your details have been forwarded to our Diplomat Dr. David Rex, as soon as you receive his phone call you are to proceed further with him so that your won price money can be credited to your local bank account.

Name: Diplomat David Rex
    Arrival Date: June 14th 2010
    Note: Your won price will be arriving your country within 26 hours

Once again i say congratulations and do keep us informed of the present situaition.

Best Regards,
    Carl Robbison
    +447010039919
    PARCEL(A cheque from H.S.B.C. BANK issued in your name) DISPATCH FROM UNITED KINGDOM TO INDIA.

23rd of Jul, 2010

I totally agree with everything. I made the mistake of switching to Hughesnet. Did not sign a contract. Have not been able to open up my email thru hughesnet. It shows I have 21 emails, but I can't read them. I called the company to say I was disappointed and want to cancel my service with them. They informed me that I had to stay with them for another 5 months or pay an additional $250 for early cancellation. This is a ripoff!!!

14th of Dec, 2010

Cant stand Hughes net. They said it was Very fast. Next to comcast being a 10 Hughes net is a 1. Don't get it. I hear broadband is faster? Hughes net rep said Nasa uses it there so fast. Well I have had nothing but trouble. The internet rarely works at a decent speed. When it does it won't for 2 days in a row. It doesnt have a decent speed until late at night. during the day if the computer has been on to long forget it. My computer I took to my office and it ran perfect on verizon so its not my computer. It's the crappy provider.

• Ro
      31st of Jan, 2011

Now I dont feel that my nightmare was wrong. I have read everybody compliant about Hughesnet. Why are we letting them get away with this. Now understand I have never filed a suit before but in Hughesnet case we need to do something. They will continue to screw people of these United States of American . I wish somebody would file on there but with the fcc. There billing is out of this world and no they dont respond to letter that you write why because they dont have to They are Hughesnet. I have nine more month on there contract. if I have to do without inteent service so be it because i live on a rural area where Hughesnet find all there people like me. I am so upset. We need help!

• El
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hughes Network Systems - Installed dish on rental house without owners permission
    Sumter, South CarolinaSumter

House installed at 3350 Wilton sumter sc I do not want anything installed on my roof you need to ck tax records or something to verify that your customer owns home the renter called to have it removed but now I gave to repair roof my name is Ellis Daniel at 803-934-6025 home owner

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Hughes Network Systems - Vsat
    udaipur
    India

Your tech support is drastically poor, one of the worst service I have ever seen...in my life I'll try to switch from your as many ways as possible. I have no good words about Hughes...

28th of Aug, 2018
    Hughes Network Systems - internet

50 gigs in 3 hours gone really need a call asap we paid 450 for our equipment and for data to move that fast got to be a ripoff we had this problem for a while need someone to contact us asap or we will be going public with this 803-570-0421

• Ki
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Hughes Net - hughes net satelite internet
    Rule, Texas
    Hughesnet.com

I have never had Hughes net service nor have I ever resided at the service address yet I am being billed and harassed with threatening credit consequences and measures by Hughesnet if I don't pay this $60 bill for last month of service????

• Pa
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Hughes Network Systems - voice
    Hardy
    Arkansas

Why cant we get a local phone number. I have been informed we cannot even get an 847 area number, we have at least 7 prefixes in the area. This results in all calls coming in are long distance. We were assigned an 501 area number which is the area about !00 miles south. I f we cant get an area number why are we not informed of this upfront.

• Ff
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Hughes Network Systems - Ripping me off
    Florence
    Oregon

My internet renews on the 14th of every month my husband used our computer for 1 hour and the went on vacation out of state no one was home our one computer off came back 3 days later and it's saying we have no internet left
    They won't let me speak to a manager
    Filing a credit card claim in the morning
    Jnana carroll case number 107618246t

• Ge
      14th of Oct, 2018
    amarillo
    Texas

They guaranteed me a price of $59.00 a month with a two year contract, and on the 3rd month they went up to $80.00, and the service was so slow, i can't even use it!

12th of Nov, 2018
    Dracut
    Massachusetts

eta fee no refund no English speaking reps is there nothing we can do

14th of Nov, 2018
    Hughesnet - Internet and customer service
    Toledo
    Ohio
    hughesnet.com

These are the rudest customer service reps EVER!. They don't tell you, you are in a 2 YEAR CONTRACT. They provide horrible service all around. Do Not connect their service!!!