Hughesnet / terrible company
So, we signed up for HughesNet several years ago, when they were still DirecWay. We paid the huge amount for equipment, almost $800, and the outrageous service fees. We were okay with the service for the first year and a half but as time passed on the service was getting slower and slower until it reached dial-up speeds.
We decided it was in our best interest to cancel the service and look for something else, so we did. After two months of being on dial up, the only thing available in our area, we called them back and signed back up, paying the $25 reconnect fee. After two months of the same old slow, pitiful, service, a storm came through our area and knocked our dish off.
We called the next day to have a technician to come out to reset the dish. After speaking on the phone with someone you can't half understand for 1+ hour, we were informed that the only we could have someone come to our house and reset the dish was to ...BUY A NEW MODEM!!!
The modem has nothing to do with the fact that the dish was out of whack?!?!?!?! They said that we could buy a refurbished model of the current modem for $125(which we had already paid OUTRAGEOUS amounts for.) If the modem did not fix the issue THEN we could pay the technician MORE money to resent the dish.
This is just their way of making you give them more money for their pitiful service.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING DIRECWAY OR HUGHESNET, FORGET THEY EXIST!!!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - No or either very poor internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - unauthorized charge on card
- Hughesnet - Internet Provider
- Hughes Network Systems - I was lord too!
- Hughes Network Systems - service