Hughesnet & 7000 Router / rip off-dishonest, disgraceful company
I was with Hughesday back when it was Direct Way. I wasn't crazy about the company, but since we in Lamoine do not qualify for Al Gores remote area DSL program (sic) I was forced to pay the high prices of Hughesnet for my home business. I bought all my equipment, since in the winter I would have to shut down my service to visit my company locations.
I needed the faster speed, and in order to get that had to get the 7000 router. But it was close to $300.00 to purchase, so I looked into the free 7000 router as long as you committed to 2 years. I called the sales department, told them that I had planned on staying with Hughesnet, but shut down my service every winter for a few months, but then turn it back on. They said NO PROBLEM-just commit to 4 years. All this for the privlege of spending $100 a month for just ISP service.
Well, needless to say, after I shut it down for the winter months, I get a bill for $300. When I called them, they said not to worry, when you pay it when you turn it back on you will get a credit for $300. Yeah, right. Never happened. I spent HOURS on the phone, and told just today (8/9/08 by Marlon) that I will NEVER SEE THAT MONEY AGAIN wether I'm with them 2 years, 4 years or 10 years.
Hughesnet company LIES like a rug, they are rude, and they don't give a rats a$$ about their customers. Everything you read about them on this website is true.
More Hughesnet & 7000 Router Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - gen 5
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet - be warned before signing up with hughesnet
- Hughes Network Systems - poor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.