Hughes Network Systems / internet service

1 Seymour, TN, United States

Re: Complaint Against HughesNet Violation of Promo Agreement

On August 24, 2017, I responded to the HughesNet advertisement promo bundle (internet, TV and telephone) for $29.99 each. See attachments 1. The services that I only subscribed to are the Internet and telephone for $69.99 plus $14.99 equipment lease. See copy of the order summary attachment 2. I have Directv which is working fine for me so I did not subscribe for the TV Service.

I had difficulty with the Hughes Net telephone service provider because it would cut on and off during a conversation and the sound was garbled most of the time. I Have called the HughesNet Customer Care several times to report the problem, and I was told that the problem will be fixed but never was. Case number for the conversation with HughesNet representative to fix the problem (Case no. [protected], [protected]). Since I have an existing Vonage telephone service and can be connected to any internet provider including HughesNet, I have been using Vonage for my telephone service. However, every month they sent me a bill that is over and above what I contracted for. Naturally, I called the costumer care to lodge my complaint, and after a long, tedious process of passing me to one department to another, they ended up assuring me that they will fix the problem and that I just have to continue to pay $85.00 per month.

Recently, I received a bill of $591.12 9 see attachment #3). Again I went through the process but this time they are adamant that I pay the erroneous amount or they will cut off the internet service which they did. I can not understand how the $591.12 was arrived for I have paid $24.98 to place and order and $145.87 on September 26, 2017 for installation of internet service.
As you may note their next step would be to a collection agency to force me to pay the bogus bill. The whole deal stinks to high heavens and I hope that you can assist me in resolving this issue.
Sincerely yours,