Hughes Net / internet service
I called Hughes Net for home internet. I spoke to a slaesperson named Ike. I explained we were using Verizob Wifi and going through about 60 gigs a month. He assured me that the 8 gigs Hughes would provide was equivalent, because the dish is locked on to the satellite, whereas the mifi had to constantly search for a signal.
The second month that we used the entire 8 gigs within 10 days I called and tried to cancel, explaining that Hughes was not providing the service I had contracted for. They hung up on me twice, refused to cancel because I would not "let them explain the consequences".
They turned me over to Joseph Mann & Creed (whose employees identify themselves as representing an attorney) who sent me a bill for $698.78. I have asked repeatedly for an itemized bill but they have not sent me one. They did offer to settle for about $150 if I paid it immediately.
More Hughes Net Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - phone service and sales
- Hughes Network Systems - hughesnet service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees
- Hughes Network Systems - data usage issues
- Hughesnet Internet Satellite - slooooow speed. not as advertised