HSBC Mortgage Services / credit sabatoge

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is my 21st request for a response from hsbc, but even the president is ignoring me. see letter below.

Written response requested

Vaughn millard williams
1420 west 87th street
Los angeles, ca 90047
July 9, 2008

Hsbc mortgage services
Mr. randall l. raup – president
636 grand regency boulevard
Brandon, fl [protected]...

Re: account number [protected] – 30 day late mark - april 2008, - courtesy request removal:

Dear hsbc mortgage president (customer service),

First and foremost I would like to express my thanks to your company for underwriting and carrying my equity line of credit for property address 1420 west 87th street los angeles, ca 90047. while I am thankful to your company for serving as the financial agent on this account, I must state that it’s not been the easiest journey. between irate customer service representatives, and the challenges faced with your online payment system, my life has been made a living hell on this account.

It seems as though whenever I make a payment through your online system, I get assessed a fee for nsf, yet there is never a check presented to my account for payment from the online system. (I am requesting that all those fees be reversed). you make the implication that the account from which I made the payment from didn’t exist or something, yet each time I mail a payment from the same account number there is never a problem cashing my checks. I am convinced that there is something wrong with your system regardless of what you may imply. you guys state that you have the best interest of the customer in mind, but you continue to screw me each and every time. case in point, I have requesting a rate modification for the last 3 months, i’ve sent the requested documents over 13 times, and even obtained an appraisal, yet you still will not respond. i’ve returned all phone calls from ext. 43431, but the phone just rings and rings, there is never an answer. I personally think that this is yet another attack against the low-income african american male living in the inner-city. your company preys upon people like me with the hopes of them loosing their home. you place these erroneous 30 day late marks on the credit report so that there is no way for us to refinance into a stable loan. this is a form of predatory lending, and it must stop.

Please let the records show that when I mail a check using the same check and payment information, it goes through without a hitch. I must state that I am appalled as each time this happens, I am faced with either a late fee, a nsf charge (wrongfully assessed), or I get hit with a 30 day late on my credit report as is the case with april 2008. I called to make the payment by phone and was connected to someone with a major language barrier. having reached my highest point of frustration with the language barrier, I discontinued the call and went online to make the payment. after making the payment online, I received a call from your company stating that my check was sent back nsf, but when I contracted my financial institution, they had no record of a check being sent back and they had not assessed my account as such. I went ahead and mailed the same payment that I did online and it went through without any problems. this poses a concern to me, especially since these problems didn’t start until the mortgage crisis here in southern california. I am not willing to loose my home or my credit because of the inconsistencies of others. your company continues to indicate that my check was returned unpaid, but you guys never presented anything to my credit union for payment. what’s the logic behind that? are you purposely trying to destroy me?

Today I appeal to your professional expertise to resolve the following issues:

1. language barriers with customer service repetitive, they key in the wrong information, and the customer is assessed all these excessive fees.

2. online payment system - please checks the configuration to ensure that it’s properly picking up the characters that are being entered by the customer. when they pick up a wrong key, it causes the customer to suffer and be assessed a late fee.
3. 30 –day late. please act in professional courtesy and remove the 30 day late from april 2008. additionally, please offer me an alternative payment method as I cannot refinance my home and risk foreclosure as my 1st mortgage has increased to 12%. with a 30 day late, the mortgage company will not refinance which results in a total loss.
4. finally, I would like information on how to lower the rate on this account as well as notification as to when my payments post. this will help as the last few payments that I have mailed have not been posted to my checking account. such is the case of the payment of $630.00 that I mailed on may 1, 2008. this payment has yet to post to my account.
Thanks in advance for hearing my reasonable request and I look forward to speaking with you direct as their has to be a better way to resolve these issues.

Regards,

Mr. vaughn millard williams
Borrower

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Sb
      13th of Jan, 2010

We refinanced our home with Beneficial( HSBC) in Feb. 2007. As the mortgage specialist advised we agreed to biweekly payments. It became evident after a year that we would not be able to pay that kind of money every month. We applied for a hardship reduction. The hardship reduction was approved and our payment was cut in half. We received a letter stating that the payment was reduced for 6 months(August 2009). Our understanding was that after 6 months this hardship would be reviewed. After the 6 months, Beneficial told us continue to pay the reduced amount. We did so. In January, out of the blue, a deputy left foreclosure papers on our front door. The papers included a court date less than a month away. They had also scheduled our home for a sale!
    Upon contacting Beneficial on how to fix this problem, we were informed we would need $4, 500(on the same day the papers were served). We called Beneficial for a confirmation on this amount and the amount three days later was over 7, 800.00!

They also tacked on 1, 295.00 in attorney fees. They also want another payment before the end of the month.

The loan amount was 138, 000.00 The balance remaining after 3 years is still 144, 000! If we were able to keep this loan and pay it off, at the end we would have over 400, 000 dollars paid to this company.

So, did they go back before the hardship and add the other half for 6 months? 4, 200.00- 2, 800.00=7, 000.00. What real reputable company does anybody know that would let a customer get that far behind before foreclosing.

They don’t take partial payments, so how is it they would let us continue to pay the reduced amount from Sept. to Dec.? They would not. Now all of a sudden, they are trying to take our home, and put 3 small kids out in the street.