HSBC Mortgage Services / contract problem
My son put a contract on a house and property for sale by caldwell banker agent representing hsbc the end of june, 2006. the contract was accepted and ernest money put down. my son paid the $400 for the appraisal and waited. now, the end of october, he is still waiting. as it turned out, there were leans against the property when it was put up for sale...in essence, it was sold 2 times in one week. it was finally determined that the back taxes were owed and that the owner, hsbc, would pay the taxes. now after the loan and appraisal have expired and cost my son more money, the back taxes have not been settled. we are told that the seller is now negotiating the penalties. my son loves the house, even though it will need costly repairs (more money in escrow for necessary repairs). we just want to be able to close on the house, so he can move and quit paying rent. he has passed up several really good buys waiting for this property. what can we do? this is very frustrating and my son is the one who is out money. yes, he will get his ernest money back, but not all of the other fees which are adding up. help!
More HSBC Mortgage Services Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC UAE - poor service 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - on hold for one hour and 14 minutes!!!
- HSBC Holdings - service
- HSBC Holdings - add on credit card
- HSBC Malaysia - credit card dept
- HSBC Holdings - money I needed to receive