H&R Blockunprofessional tax preparer

Review updated:

I've been trying to re-file my 2014 return with one of H&R Block agents since April 2016 (my case is that of a US citizen filing from abroad). I asked her to check if there had been any mistakes in my 2014 return (it was done by another company and I suspected there could be a few) and then I asked her to re-file the correct version of it, once it was done. It took her a few months to do the checking, then a few more months to consider some additional info I had emailed to her regarding potential deductions etc. (which wasn't much). My emails are either being ignored, or she replies weeks later without taking any further actions. The fact remains the same - I am still trying to re-file my corrected 2014 return, and it's been over 8 months now!! At one point I had to ask her if she could transfer my case to another agent, but she made me believe she would finish it herself. Now I am stranded - I am told that the return has been checked and ready (finally), but no one tells me how to proceed with payment, or how I am expected to receive a refund from IRS, to which account etc. She just tells me that corrected returns can be filed within 3 years' time, so I shouldn't worry about the deadline. Well, this doesn't work for me! The agent's name is Anne Billingsley, she works in an H&R Block's office in Reynoldsburg, Ohio on Brice Road. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Kirill.

Jan 11, 2017
Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Tr
      Jan 12, 2017

    All I had to do was read the first sentence. Funny story, there was a guy there always saying on a near daily basis that he had more years experience than I was born. I'm young, but still have a good bit of years, so I guess that was meant to be a dig at me, which I guess kinda is, since it annoys me a bit. For all that hype, I was the only one who knew how to fill out the Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit, along with the FBAR Form, for foreign bank reconciliation. When I let it known I knew how to do said form, so we can take those who lived abroad, everyone was shocked and started belittling me. When a person came in from Pakistan with Pakistani taxes, immediately he was turned away and I had no say in the matter. The only reason was "You're not getting a chance to show us up", as accurate as that was recollecting around 4 years ago. So it's best to go approach a CPA BBB certified with good reviews and reasonable price to get your international situation done.

    0 Votes

Post your comment