H&R Block / HRB Digital / tax return - incorrect refund calculated by h&r agent

Waukesha, WI, United States

Date/Month of incident - June 2017

H&R block office consulted - 2108 Silvernail Rd, Pewaukee, WI 53072

Description of issue - I filed my tax return for 2015 through H&R block in Feb 2016 and upon advice from the H&R agent/consultant, amended my 2015 return in Feb 2017. The amendment was also filed through H&R block, same tax agent/consultant. As per H&R block estimation, I was to receive a refund of 1300+ US dollars. However, in May 2017, I received a notice from IRS that as per their calculation, I owe IRS 900+ US dollars!!
Upon sending all required docs to the same H&R block tax agent/consultant, there was no response to the email. Later, contacted the corporate customer service and they arranged for an in-person meeting with the same agent. The tax agent/consultant checked and confirmed that it was a mistake on his side. He said that he will get the amendment revoked, so as per him I would not require to pay any money back to IRS. He said he will confirm back in 3 days. More than 5 days passed, and since the deadline to respond back to IRS was approaching, I again followed up and the tax agent / consultant tells me that revocation is not possible and that I pay the money to IRS!!!
I contacted the branch again and when asked for how they would compensate for this loss, they said they will raise a claim for me to reimburse me the amount that I have to pay back to IRS and also for the fees they charged me for 2015 tax return.
However, I was told that manager is not in office and I would get further details only once he returns. Now no one answers my call in this office! Hopefully someone contacts me soon!!

Desirable resolution - H&R Block Silvernail office should immediately process my claim. I should also be paid the amount that H&R told me I would get a refund. After all, I filed this amendment only because H&R block told me to do so!! And now, I am going through all this mental stress just because of their mistake!!

Ak