Hp Pavilion Dv2000

Posted:

Laptop problems

3.5
I have purchased dv pavilion 2000 in January. But began to create problems for me after one month it had display problem. Sometimes display began to spark. Sometimes it touch pad leave working. It also become unstable and hang everyday. It's Keyboard also leave working and a key is also not working properly. One USB slot also stop working. I have to face a new problem on every log in. I am frustrated. I have also taken it to service center four time. But problem become again and again.
Complaint comments Comments (49)    Updated: Complaint country India Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

A  11th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am having the problem with my dv2000 too, screen goes black and then have to restart 2 times to get it to work (figure it's only a matter of time before it stops working completely.) Also my wireless goes undetected and doesn't even show it under network adapters in my control panel. I googled the problem and found out that HP is offering repairs for ironically the same problems that I have been experiencing. But of course after a call to the service center, my model # is included but unfortunatly my product number is not! So just 15 months later my laptop is on the verge of being unusable. I am so sad because other than the recent problems my laptop has been great. How sad they aren't correcting this obviously common problem with the product that they distributed.

On another note, has anyone paid the $99.00 for the extended warranty. I am willing to [ay the extra money if I need to but don't know if it will cover the repairs that may be necessary. It's unfortunate however that HP doesn't stand behind their products! Ironic that this occured 4 months out of the warranty.
A  11th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hello Kat27,

Please go to the site I posted. All you need to fight for your rights is there. If your laptop is faulty then HP should replace it with a good working model.
A  15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
HI,
me to have hp pavilion dv2000 series..my fisrt problem is sounds are coming from hard disk while on booting..its not normal. when i met the hp guys they told they are not finding any probes...but still i have the same problem ...many times this fuking sound is coming...its makes me frustrated ...

2. thing about heat...its very heigh
3 .i replaced my cd drive and speaker tooo with in one year...

waiting for my hard disk to get fcuked my the os ...so that i will get new...warrenty is no finished...

so if u are going to take hp ...in my openion...don't buy a biting dog by giving money...
A  25th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
DO NOT EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR BUY HP!!! THEY ARE TOTAL CCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!! Mine stop turing off like a few months after the 1 year warranty ran out. I will NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR buy hp again!!!
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Some of these DV machines have an extended warranty due to so many issues. Check it out here
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just tried to fix a friends HP dv2000 as shown on the top corner of the lcd and it too is veeerrryyy slow to boot, after 3 failed factory restore attempts the 4th one was a sucess, but still veerrry slow boot. found that it could be to a "motherboard issue" heres a link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090825224713AALoGCr ; plus her warrenty is expired. Too bad for my friend, personally I never liked HP.
A  2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My dv2000 laptop was bought in August of 2007 and all it has been doing the third time I started it was giving problems. It completely crashed in August 2008 of last year and was sent back for repair while it was still under warranty. I just received it in this year and the problem which was sent back for was addressed but yet again after my second start with it, all I noticed was a blank screen and a loud beeping sound that is annoying the hell out of me. The other issue that has been from before the repair and is still a bother is that the touch pad has a mind of its own………. It works sometimes. I tried telling the technicians about the problem and now they want for me to find another technician and pay for it to be fixed when the computer’s problem is just a fault of the manufacturer’s……… does not this situation cal for a refund or an exchange of the product?…………………. I will never buy HP again for as long as I live. Good by HP.
A  2nd of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had the hp pavilion dv2000 since april 2008, and this was my first laptop and it was a big mistake buying this crap. I had to repair it like 3 times now, first, there was no display, then i got it fixed but ony had like a week left before my battery ran out. Then after i got it back, it was all slow, it's so slow!! it starts slow and i dont have anything on ym hard drive, no pictures, no music, nothin, and it's so slow!!! i hate it, then last time, the motherboard stopped working, and i got in a fight with hp and they actually replaced it, but im still having problems, at first i thought it was vista, but then i installed windows 7, and it worked a bit faster, but i keep having problems, it's still slow, and it over heats a lot!!!
A  15th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I HATE HATE HATE HP! My stupid dv2000 bought around april 2007 started giving me display trouble within a month! Display would not come back after the laptop went on stand by and I'd have to turn it on several times before it did (miss half my freaking lecture before I could get it to turn on!). Then my wireless stopped working, webcam stopped working... qst was... which part of it remained working! I sent it in for repair and HP gave it back to me MONTHS later (i.e. a full semester of uni gone by)! Then it was okay for 3-4 months and the SAME PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN! My self restraint in not hurling that piece of crap out the window amazes me! I was so pissed and I didn't want to deal with HP again. I worked with it in that half-working mode for a bit while it burned anything it touched. Now it won't even turn on after trying to start it up several times. I'm so fed up. If I had money to throw around ... I'd officially campaign against HP.
N  31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just came across this tread ... To be clear it is a manufacturing issue and something that HP did try to fix and did extend the warranty's for an extra year on these laptops... it does cover the entire dv *000 line the 2000, 6000, 9000. What has and is happening is the GPU from NVidia (video chip) gets too hot and the gooey thermal pad they used in manufacturing expands and contracts with heat and cold separating the GPU from the systemboard. The only thing keeping it attached any how is a BGA (Ball Grid array) wich is just a bunch of little solder balls that hold the chip to the systemboard..

With that said HP did try to reduce the heat on the GPU with a bios update that allows the fan to run at a higher speed by default and more often. Also they utilized a red hard silicone to create another physical bond to the systemboard... neither of these really helped much ..

There is still the option of either replacing the systemboard.. or .. have an outside service Re-Flow the gpu for you ...

or send it to me .. my full write up on this issue is at ... http://cegeekbook.blogspot.com/2009/11/dv6000-no-video-no-wireless-issue.html
N  31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
oh and I forgot to mention that this is not just an HP/Compaq issue .. (the F730us series suffer from this too) ... but has been seen with Apple. (iBook GPU fiasco) and their new line as well with the Nvidia Gpu's and don't' go blaming NVidia ... It happens with the ATi video chips as well.. I have confirmed this whit more than just one laptop from different manufacturers.
A  11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
never buy hp laptops it is the worst in this world. it had all the problems in all parts.
A  18th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just got off line with one of HP's trained monkeys, over the DV2000 known defect, no boot/video issue, I had to tell the dolt where to look on their site for the extended service information and he still denir=ed everything... NEVER buy HP Products, they do not have the balls to stand behind the garbage they make. They think that they can offer overpriced service inplace of the lawfully required warranty repairs. The idiot offered a "discounted" repair price of 289 dollars US (going repair rate is under 190 us by independent service providers), a whole 100 dollars less than their RETAIL rate. which is MORE than the damned thing cost new on clearance... They KNEW about the issue alright...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3308892&docname=c01087277#c01087277_identify They screwed me on one other Laptop, this one was my nieces or they would not have gotten a cent for it
N  20th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I bought an HP DV 2000 series in 2007. I used it for 6 months only then the screen stop working. When I called customer servive, I was informed of a manufacture defect with the motherboard. I returned it for repair and the same problem with the screen few months later. I have a GATEWAY laptop from 2004 and it works well, do not buy HP it´s crap. Compre una HP DV 2000, la use por solo 6 meses y la pantalla no enciende, la mande a reparar pero fue inutil, porque meses despues tuve el mismo problema, se calienta muy rapido y el ventilador no es lo suficientemente grande para enfriarla, se le tiene que comprar un cooler aparte para que no se recaliente, es una Laptop malisima, no se la recomiendo a nadie.
A  30th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have a dv2ooo model the screen also blacked out had it replaced under warrenty now the screen has lines jumping up and down then it turns start up blue colour still with sound and opperating behind no screen is this the motherboard 800 nz dollars to repair
A  11th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Purchased Hp Dv series Laptop and burnt Motherboard For once a year...

thats my the tragedy

jus F off Hp Lap
N  21st of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am using the same (dv2000 series), for initial 1 year all are good but just 2 months down the line, Batery problem, few buttons in the keypad not working some times, screen resolution some time like damn old 486 monitor... lot of problem with out any resolution and this HP service center guys are busy with getting extended waranty for their customers.. What rubisshhhhhh... PLEASE NEVER GO FOR ANY HP PRODUCT, THEY ARE CHEATING LIKE ANY THING ... MY LAP IS JUST LIKE A WASTE BOX NOW..
A  4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
i have the same problem. I push the power button and all that i get are blue led lights. I can hear the cd drive for a few moments then nothing. this is the worst product I have ever seen with no support. I bet you that HP is laughing all the way to the bank because I guess they dont have to make things right.
N  4th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
i will recommend not to buy HP because there laptops are not reliable just like you are changing your clothes its better to get MAC free viruses.
N  12th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

HP Pavilion DV2000 - function button pressed
Israel

My computer turns on with the function light switched on, and there seems to be nothing i can do to turn it of.
in Order to write normally, i have to keep the function button pressed all the time.
What can i do?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service