HP / found a laptop defective doa

1 India Review updated:

Do not buy hp or compaq notebooks I got a laptop doa nobody to help me. Hp would not replace it. Service is worst and time wasting.

I have purchased a hp compaq laptop 2ce73801n5 on the name of sanjay agarwal from jain computers tinsukia assam from the next day I found a that the memory card reader was not working properly so I complained the dealer and hence the complained was registerd in hp call centre case id... [protected] on 11 february / monday.
According to them the laptop carried 3 years of warranty with it and onsite in any location across india the promissed to send their service executives within three working days but it was time wasting nobody attended the complain and almost I wasted my 2 weaks. The experience with call centre is just time wasting. After that they told me to send the notebook to their nearest service centre for its repair. On the hp web page they show very clear that when u send ur laptop for repair u will get it back in 7 or 10 business days. But in my case they took my notebook for 2 monts saing that the laptop is waiting for part, after I received my laptop from the service centre it was in worst condition many screws are missing and so many locks above keyboard were broken and the laptop was in dirty condition, and the problem was also not yet solved the card reader is still not working. Inspite of repeatdely calling call centre with the case id. They are unable to solve the problem. Buyers beware dont purchse hp notebooks their after sales service policy is time wasting. I have suffered huge loss.

Note. Please send me an e-mail about how to return the notebook. I have blocked my lot of money.

Comments

• St
      13th of May, 2008

Faced similar problem, but finally got exchanged on when threathend to move to consumer case.Service centre making scretch on the body of laptop is very normal and the way they keep it even a good laptop will go out of order.

Unfortunetaly my replaced laptop is also defective and had to start my fight all again.

God save all from HP LAPTOP.

• Ri
      12th of Dec, 2008

Hi,
    I agree very much to these complaints above. I have similar experience.
    I have two problems with my HP Pavillion dv4000 which I bought in Melbourne Australia.
    The multi card reader is defective and cant read any card anymore. When you close the laptop physically, the small protruding microswitch does not lotch directly on the circular emboss, thus you thought the laptop is off but unfortunately it's still burning hot.
    I refer these to the internet service and afterwards to after sales service of HP all to no avail. The last problem I was able to solve myself by putting a double stick tape right afront the microswitch.
    Whew, I will never buy an HP again . . . NEVER ! Im telling as well my friends to do likewise.
    Let the consumer beware !
    Ric