Hoveround XHD Power Chair / False information

Raleigh, NC, US Review updated:

I got my hoveround XHD two weeks ago. They simply misrepresent the product both on their website, by their sales staff, and in their owners product manuals. My chair doesn't have 75 amp batteries like the manual says. On their website it says 70 amp. I only had my chair one week and they had to install new batteries in it. The batteries are on 60 amp. They advertise the cane holder for 25.00 it not it is 60.00. They advertise it to goes up to 20 miles based on rider weight and terrain. I haven't be able to go even 5 miles total. The manual says the forward speed is set up on the computer at 90 percent. Mine was set at 80% and they tried to reprogram it but the highest the technician could get it to program was 85%. My doctor ordered elevated leg-rests but they don't work properly without the reclining seat which hoveround says cost a additional 1, 874 dollars. The seat is uneven and leans badly to the left. Everything has come loose and i had to tighten all the nuts and bolts. Now i was informed that the optional headrest which they told me( cost 40.00 is now 150.00) won't work without the reclining seat that cost 1, 874.00. Had to push chair home twice. I sent certified letters to hoveround, Medicare and attorney generals office. Their not going to get away with this. I am going to do everything i can to stop them from misrepresented their product.. I called to get the seat straighten out and they set up appointment so i canceled doctors appointment so i would be there. Four hours later they called me again said they couldn't make it until three days later after i just canceled my appointment with my doctor so i would be home.. I called them and said never come out again, EVER! I should of got the Jazzy 514 HD

Hoveround XHD Power Chair

Comments

• Fo
      Nov 13, 2012

What you pictured isn't a Hoveround chair, according to what they picture on their ads. Your picture doesn't even have the word Hoveround on it. If you didn't get the things that you expected, maybe it is because it wasn't made clear enough in the beginning. Sometimes there is miscommunication when purchasing things. I have visited with a few people that have Hoverounds and they all have good things to say about the chair and the customer service. None of their chairs look like the one you pictured. Also if you were able to push your chair home, I question whether you really need a chair. I have one from the Scooter Store and there is no way I would be able to push it even one block. The thing to do when you are going to take the chair shopping or something, is make sure the battery is fully charged. These chairs are just like a car or any personal property that a person has, the way you treat the item will determine how long it lasts.

• Sh
      Mar 05, 2013

The item pictured is Hoveround Teknique XHD. My dealings with Hoveround have been very frustrating and very similar to garygunshot's original comments. The company participates in a bait/switch pricing practice and has a very frustrating service program. Some people should post less and read more.