Hotwire.com / bait 'n switch
I booked and paid for a Mid-Sized car using Hotwire.com and was given a Compact Car instead. No confusion here folks, the car make and model I was given "was" categorized as a Compact Car on their website for the specific location of pick-up.
After contacting Hotwire, they refuse to rectify the situation. Instead, they will have their research department look into the situation within 10-14 days.
In the meantime, I am stuck with the car.
I filed a formal complain with the BBB so it sticks to their business record. Best thing you can do. That is what they get for being so blatantly unethical and not doing the right thing.
Classic bait 'n switch. They are not willing be to held accountable. Utterly shameful.
They told me if I disputed the charge with my credit card company that they would ban me from future use of their services. That is their policy.
Apparently, they think they have card blanche to defraud you.
Fradulent practices, non-accountability and retribution for attempting to resolve through 3rd party. What does that tell you?
AVOID AT ALL COSTS. REPORT TO BBB.
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - Hotel Reservation
- Hotwire - hotwire
- Hotwire - "no changes/no refund" policy.
- Hotwire - booking me at a hotel that doesn’t accept locals and 24 hour refund that was never promised
- Hotwire - car rental