Hotwire Trip Insurance / complete scam
Hotwire insurance through Allianz Global Assistance is a complete scam. I purchased the insurance as protection against bad weather that was coming. The event was in fact cancelled, but when I went to activate the insurance I purchased, the back pedaling began almost immediately. They cited armed insurrection, government overthrow, acts of God, you name it - to wiggle out of the insurance. Upon asking for proof in writing that weather was not covered [which seemed silly as that is a major reason for event cancellation], they found a clause on the 11th page of the small-type legal rider. Bottom line, unless the airline or a hotel were to cancel an event, you are not covered...EVER. Looking on the web, it seems as though there are thousands that have realized this too late, but HOTWIRE keeps touting they have 'trip insurance.' My question would simply be - insurance against what? If I had an unforeseen medical condition - I might be covered. If 'life happens' and bad weather, vehicle malfunction, event cancellation occurs - you're left holding the bag. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY from Hotwire insurance. It's a huge scam.
More Hotwire Trip Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - cancellation reneging
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!
- Hotwire - car rental
- Hotwire - no refund given despite initially committing to do so...