Hotwire / hotwire is a scam

1 San Anselmo, CA, United States Review updated:

Hotwire has a no credit no refund policy. this should be illegal. They charge for services not rendered. This is theivery not just scamming.
Send complaints to your state authorities and get this scam factory closed down.

Ma

Comments

• Lo
      28th of Sep, 2008

in all likely hood you booked a non cancelable reservation

so the hotel or car or seat on the flights was reserved paid for and available to you even if in the end you chose not to use it

• De
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I have just returned from a business trip and I had a horrible experience both departing and arriving as a result of inaccurate information provided by Hotwire. I made reservations for a conference at which I was presenting and needed to be timely, etc. I printed my confirmation information and my paperwork clearly stated that I was to fly out of Phiadelphia Airport on United. However, I get to the airport stand in line for 45 minutes and find out that the information provided to me was incorrect and I was actually suposed to be at the Delta Airlines counter; the Delta which was 10 minutes away. My wife and I sprinted through the airport o try and check-in. Luckily, we were able to make it to the proper check-in counter 10 minutes before the plane was scheduled to leave. On my return leaving from Miami back to Philadelphia my information stated that I was to leave via United. Again, after standing in line this time for almost an hour we were informed that the paperwork should actually read US Air. Again, we made it in time because they held the plane for us. Even the people at the airport check-in were perplexed with how this could happen and confirmed that the information we received was inaccurate. My wife and I travel frequently for business and pleasure and spend approximately $2, 500-$3, 500 per year in airfare. I have used Hotwire before and had a good experience. However, this time I am extremely disappointed and very angry with this most recent experience.