Hotwire / misrepresent hotel room quality
“Horrible, dirty, old room!”
My wife and I tried Hotwire for the first time. We trusted that we would not have problems with a 4-star+ hotel. Well, we were wrong. We booked with the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in Ft Lauderdale. The hotel room was not clean. The toilet bowl and floor had pee stains. The shower head sprayed water everywhere (ceiling, floor, walls, mirror), except in the shower itself. The carpet was dirty and worn. And, we had difficulty turning on/off the lamps. The hotel refused to provide another room. They said they were fully booked. Someone cleaned the toilet and that was the best they could do.
Hotwire is a mechanism for hotels to sell rooms that are sub-quality or in need of renovation. They would not be able to sell these rooms directly to Customers at the rate they would normally command. I supposedly received a 50% rebate by using Hotwire. I say that I paid double what I should have paid. The room quality was equivalent to a low-budget hotel. But, the food and beverage prices were definitely at 5-star levels!
More Hotwire Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - dish tv
- Hotwire - no flight ticket refund.
- Hotwire - car rental 
- Hotwire.com - hotel booking - deceptive business practices, breach of agreement 
- Hotwire - overcharged airfare