Hotwire / Days Inn Flint / horrible customer service!

Detroit, MI, United States
Booked a room through Hotwire, which I've never used, because I don't like the whole not knowing thing. Was told on confirmation would be in a Days Inn in Flint where I was traveling to. Arrived to check in and was told would be in the Rodeway Inn across the parking lot. Was not given a reason and insisted on having a room at the Days Inn as I was told. Dealing with two foreigners (Indians) who acted like they couldn't understand me, kept saying "no both are part of each other." Was already in a hurry to get to our destination, so took the key for the Rodeway. Reluctantly went to the Rodeway and put our things in the room. This is November in Michigan and it's about 30F. The room would not heat up. Complained to front desk and was offered a space heater. I'm furious by now. Began demanding to leave and be given a room in Days Inn as we were supposed to be anyway. Stated their policy is 'No Complaints after 15 minutes'. I insisted and called Hotwire. Hotwire stated they could refund our money, but that would cancel our reservation and we would have to find a hotel on our own, or they could try to book us in another hotel but they wouldn't know what hotel it would be, because they would go through the same system the customer uses. Which meant the hotel could have been further away from where we were trying to go. Finally, the Hotwire rep calls the Days Inn to find out why we weren't given our room in the first place and still never got an answer to that. We chose to take the Hotwire cash (like I want to ever use them again anyway) and take the room at the Days Inn since now the front desk offered it and vowed I will never use Hotwire, or that Hotel in that area ever again!!

Hotwire Logo Hotwire