Hotmail.com / abuse and threats

Clifton, England, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

My best friend is being sent abusive and threatening emails from an hotmail account. She is a very nice person and is presently married.We cannot think as to who would want to do something like this to her. I wish to let hotmail know about this and shutdown that account but I do not know how to file complaints against specific hotmail accounts..if anyone can guide me as to what action I should take please let me know.. Your help is very much appreciated..

Ro

Comments

6th of May, 2010

I have been referred by tech support for your help. I have been hacked into my email acct. [protected]@hotmail.com. I have been blocked with my password. I opened a new account which you can reach me, [protected]@hotmail.com. I need to get into my old account either to use it or delete it. I cannot just leave it in limbo. My address book is very important to me. I went into Home Depot to print out a coupon, and FLV Player said I had to install their program in order for to print, I was instantly hacked, lost my internet and my email account is now blocked. Please respond, I need your help.

• Em
      13th of May, 2010

Mt e-mail at Hotmail.com was hacked yesterday making it so that I couldn't get on it. All items had been changed and now all of my customers and contact are receiving e-mails from someone in London wanting $1500.00 sent to them and they are signing my name...What can I do about this. Emily Underwood

• Li
      27th of May, 2010

The fact that you are using a free account from a third party solution shows that your IT team isn't doing their job, the business team is putting customer information into the ether, and your company as a whole could be liable for any number of federal violations.

I hope that you've let someone in your chain of command know of this screwup, and you should talk to your IT staff about some security awareness training.

• El
      26th of Oct, 2010

Someone got into my account and is requesting $2900 from those in my contact. Saying I am in the UK and needing money for a tictet to get back to the US. I want this investigated to find out the source. Plus, I need to know what to do immediately. I do not want a identity theft created. Plus, I do not want anyone in my contacts to send money. Please get ahold of me to inform me of the solution to this problem. My cell is: 443-340-8017.
    Elaine Stem

• El
      26th of Oct, 2010

I need to get into my account also to inform everyone in my contacts to delete and disregard this UK request.

• Lo
      25th of Nov, 2010

To hom it my concern .my hot mail do not work .
    everytime I open to check my mail I recieve this "there is a problem with this website security certificate " or "the security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid aaa'
    please if you can fix the problem or contact me on my mob 0403842577 or send a contact no" because the operatere do not have one.
    and please tell me how do I check my speling thanks LOLA