Hotels.com / customer dissatisfaction

1 France

I made a reservation for 3 nights stay in Novotel Paris Vaugirard Hotel via Hotels.com for 17.05.2008. Just one day before I had a serious last-minute health problem in my family i.e. bypass surgery so I had to cancel everything. I informed hotels.com that I had to cancel per above reasons I can document it and I would like a refund. Agent listened and told that he has to call the hotel for it and held me online, I do not think that he really called the hotel, anyway he informed that it is not possible. I asked the hotel myself and got the answer that refund is possible per hospital documentation. But because of poor language and general communication skills they first told they would refund themselves kept me waiting for a week and then after various calls decided that expedia can do the refund. I called expedia, I am not mentioning how many minutes they keep you waiting to reach an agent(it's a lot!!) agent listened again and told me that he would call the hotel altough I have forwarded the written confirmation for refund from hotel. He kept me on the line and it got disconnected. When I called again, the other agent told me that the one talking to me already left for the day without even notifying me at all. Imagine you are waiting at an international call, believing that the agent is doing smth while you are waiting and he already leaves at that time. New agent this time named Nicole, had to bear my terrible frustration, listened again and guess what decided to call hotel, could not reach front desk manager as she told and did not call me back altough she was going to next morning. Today I called there again and by chance I reached the agent that left me on the call, I asked him to put me through his supervisor, the guy listened and told that he would send an e-mail so that I can forward my mail to them about confirmation, it is unbelievable that they do no even check the mails of their own company and that mail fro him did not come. I am still after this, this is the worst service I have ever got in my whole life. I do not recommend hotels.com to anyone at all. If you want to be dissatisfied please be my guest in this adventure!!!

Bu