Hoover / windtunnel high performance 3

1 Norfolk,Va., United States

Purchased this product on March 11th 2018 two months later retractable cord broke and cord frayed in several places called customer care and was referred to Tidewater Sew-Vac for repair under warranty terms .Took to referred service center they kept my vacuum for 2 months then called to tell me that not covered under the warranty because there was carpet powder in the vacuum I told them I have no carpet I don't use carpet powder I have hardwood floors in my house they told me that this was abuse by the product owner and not covered under warranty so I go pick my vacuum up take it as a loss and figured I would just have to wind up the cord around the neck of the vacuum as the vacuum still worked I get the vacuum home go to use it the next day and Tidewater Sew Vac has cut the cord in half so now I cannot use it I called customer care was very polite explain the situation they called Tidewater Sew-Vac then called me back and said they couldn't do anything about it and would give me 30% off the purchase of a new vacuum one woman at the customer service for Hoover was totally rude to me although I was polite and understanding and said that this was not fair and accused me of abusing the vacuum by running over the cord the vacuum wasn't even 3 months old I definitely know how to run a vacuum with my right hand and hold the cord in my left hand I did not run over the cord the vacuum was defective after paying $179 for a vacuum it should last you more than 3 months without the cord burning up because of a defect in the retractable cord compartment and so now I have no vacuum and spent $179 how sad and shameful that Hoover treats its loyal customers this way I have been buying Hoover Vacuums for over 30 years I have put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau for all that's worth I'm still out $179 & no vacuum.

Do