Hooters Of Fargo, ND / treated poorly by assistant manager of store

1 1649 38th Street SouthFargo, ND, United States Review updated:
Phone: 701-281-8302

I am writing this evening to express my extreme unhappiness with a situation that occurred at the fargo, nd hooters restaurant this evening.

First let me say that we have been a fan of hooters for many years.in fact, it is a family tradition to stop and get my son a t-shirt in every city we are visiting that has a hooters restaurant. Since that was our first trip to fargo, I told adam that we would stop and get him another t-shirt to add to his growing collection.

Before I left our home, I grabbed my hooters mastercard, threw it in my wallet and thought nothing of it. We stopped by the fargo location at approximately 9:00 pm. We were welcomed by a wonderful waitress named christy and we placed our order. As is customary, we ordered up the traditional black hooters t-shirt for adam.

While we were waiting for our food to arrive, I got my eye on a hooters golf bag. I asked christy how much it sold for and she told me $150.00. I told her that I had approximately $50 in points on my hooter mastercard and was going to call to see how to redeem them. Upon pulling my card out of my wallet, I noticed that the card expired last month. I immediately called merrick bank corporation's customer service line and learned that they canceled my card because I had not used it with the last 12 months. I was also told that I lost all my hooter's points. The bank told me to apply for another card at the restaurant and said that I should be able to get some kind of discount on my merchandise I wanted to purchase.

When christy got back to the table, I explained what happened and asked her if I could please get another application. Christy did not know much about the program, so went to ask her manager, kelsey. Christy came back and told me that their store no longer promoted the hooters mastercard.

About five minutes later, the assistant manager, kelsey, came over and met with me. I asked kelsey if there was anything that she could do as far as a discount on the merchandise. Kelsey said that there was nothing she could do and said all she could do was give us a couple coupons for our next visit. After finding out that we live about 300 miles away from the restaurant, she gave us nothing!!!

I would like someone at hooters to know that I have never been treated so poorly by any "manager" in my entire life.in fact, when I asked to speak with the store manager, I was told by kelsey that, "... We are between managers. You can try calling tomorrow and ask to speak with christy."

In closing, I spent the $159.75 for the golf bag. My check number is: 302, the time of purchase was: 9:47 pm, the employee was christy b. And our table number was 80. Our food and shirt bill was on check # 274 and came to $37.22. The time on the receipt is listed at 9:10 pm, christy b was the employee and the table number was 81. We put the two purchases on two separate credit cards and when I got back to my hotel room, I went online and signed up for another hooters mastercard.

Please note that I will be in myrtle beach, sc from september 20th through the 23rd. I was fully intending on stopping at the hooter restaurant and buying adam another t-shirt, but quite frankly, I am so pissed off with the service I received last night, I do not honestly know if I will ever visit another hooters for the rest of my life.

I find it hard to believe in this day and age, the assistant manger was truly unable to do anything for us. Kelsey was so unfamiliar with the hooter credit card that she told me that they did not even accept them at her store any more. It was after I pointed out that it is a mastercard and they are accepted nearly everywhere that she admitted she did not know much about the program. She simply repeated that they do not have any applications at their store.

I would like a response from hooters in the near future. Perhaps business is so good that you don't need to worry about "little people" like me and my family. I left your restaurant feeling cheated this evening. I know that it was not the store's fault that my credit card expired, but I can not accept that fact that she was unwilling to compensate me for the last hooters points in some manner.

For the last 10 years I have worked as a mystery shopper for about 20 different companies. During that time, I have never evaluated a hooters restaurant before. Based on my interaction with the assistant manager kelsey, I believe your restaurant is in serious trouble. Our waitress christy told us there would be no problem taking a small amount off our purchase. Kelsey however, was unwilling to budge and kept saying she was so sorry.

I hope we can speak in the very near future. I think kelsey needs to scrub the toilets at the restaurant instead of pretend to be a member of management. It seems like she could be a product of years of inbreeding.

Pound sand hooters!!!

Comments

• Co
      13th of Sep, 2009

you're a douche quit trying to get free ###. they work hard. sorry for you, they didn't bend over backwards to make you feel like the king of the world. You have obviously have some kind of chip on your shoulder to make you think that every time you make a mistake (forgeting to use your card for 12 months, which apparently you frequent hooters sooooo often) and they need to take care of your issues. Frankly I belive people like you should never ever go out to eat. Simply for the fact that you bring the entire staff and quatlity of service down, because of your complaining. I wish people like you had enough guff to understand that people make mistakes. Further more they are a franchise resturant and not a corporate store, which means that they don't follow everything that everyother store does. I honestly think that next time you want to complain about something take ten minutes and look at yourself and why you have to be so angry. I wish you the best and I hope your child dosen't grow up to be so hateful.
    -Cody from Fargo ND

• Ne
      15th of Sep, 2009

I agree you really are a douche, if you don't know that your card has expired it nobody's fault but yours. Guess what with the economy is changing everyday and especially every month. If you can't keep track of what's in your wallet, too fricking bad. If you wanted that golf bag so bad why didn't you get at your local Hooters store, no you thought some poor girl from north dakota would believe your line of crap. wah wah go cry a fricking river. hey dumb a__ this is where the tough live, oh by the way get a life.
    Nelle from Fargo ND

• St
      16th of Sep, 2009

hey douche bag you suck. how rediculous, it is people like you (begging for free stuff) that make the rest us pissed off. do you think that maybe if you treated others with respect somebody may be more likely to bend over backwards for you. In fact that manager did us all a favor by not giving you anything. Seriously, there are people struggling all over this country and this is what you are worried about. I think this is a pretty trivial problem for you, just thank god you are healthy enough to travel, as many men your age probably are not.

• Sh
      13th of Jan, 2010

You are an ###, and pretty much just another pervert that likes to go to Hooters and think you're so ###ing special. Kelsey, for your information doesn't work there any longer. Fargo isn't a big time Hooters, and the managers they hire sucks. That also doesn't mean that you're so special that one of the managers is gonna bend over backwards when she has other things to do to give you a discount. The managers deal with ###s like you all day long, and get their bill discounted just because one person makes a mistake. I hate men like you that come in there, thinking that you should get it your way. If you went to Applebees and got a mastercard there, and this happened would you talk ### about all the Applebees. Probably not! It's a Hooters, and that's the only reason why you pick on the store. Wearing the rediculous outfit sucks enough, let alone having some guy take a look at my body all night, then complains about some ### is a disgrace. Christy doesn't work there anymore either. You complain about the service from the manager when you had like the worst server on the planet. She's had 5 tables walk out on her in one night. Sooooo get a Hooters mastercard and go shove it up your a__. You're right on one thing, is that you are from a little family, just as a lot of people are!

• Eh
      19th of Jan, 2010

get a life you are dumbbb!!! stop picking on us fargo clan! we are a family and we stick together! we maybe small but in north dakota we are the biggest!! so you can shove your master card up yourss!!!

• Be
      24th of Feb, 2010

Unbelievable to make such a big deal out of not getting a perk from an expired card! Just forget about it and enjoy your night! But nobody should be taking a potshot at Christy. She did her job that night, and dragging out a mistake she made on a different night is just pure jealousy. She was, in my opinion, one of the top five most beautiful girls to ever put on a Hooters uniform in Fargo. And she was pleasant to be around to boot! And for everybody else's information, she never got fired after that night. She was there for at least another month! I would bet some tables walked out because she was a 19 year old girl that didn't know how to manage a bunch of tables where every guy in the place is trying to get her attention. Then some jerk customers probably walked out because they couldn't get a phone number with their receipt. She could have been a Hooters Calendar Girl if she had made it, and now we'll never know. I hope she doesn't have to put up with that kind of jealous crap in the job she has now.

• 12
      11th of Sep, 2010

You are a greedy self centered piss ant who knows [censor] about restaurant work or how a company structure is set! You are [censor]ing about an Assistant Manager who couldn’t do anything about your points and your card. Read the fine print when you sign for another one! The Assistant Manager is responsible for guests and the restaurant, not your card qualifications. I’ve seen the card application and it said “where applicable” Which means NOT EVERY HOOTERS STORE IN THE WORLD WILL ACCEPT YOUR POINTS!!! Your card holder is Merric Bank Corporation, NOT HOOTERS!! Also coupons are 95% local unless headed up by the corporate office! The only thing the Assistant Manager could have done more for you is to give you a number for the corporate headquarters ( easy if you take the time to look it up instead of [censor]ing) and could have (but was not obligated) to take a % off your total bill for an incontinence. Next time step up and admit your own mistake instead of taking it out on someone else! It took me less than 45 seconds to come up with the corporate office for you to take your petty [censor]. The employees (wait staff and management) of the Fargo Hooters did exactly what they should have done! Now bend over kiss your own [censor] and call the corporate office NOT YOUR BANK next time you have a problem with your points or getting a card! They can do something about it now stop your [censor]ing and DON’T COME BACK! A restaurant does not need your kind of drama and [censor], we have other things to worry about!
    1815 The Exchange Southeast Atlanta, GA 30339
    (770)951-2040

• Lm
      28th of Sep, 2010

You are a sorry piece of [censor]. Have you ever waited tables in your life? Do you realize the BS these girls put up with from a-holes like you? It was not their fault your card and points had expired and was not their problem to fix. Your problem was with the bank- you owe those two women an appology. Where do you come off thinking they owed you anything? I so agree with the other comments... I hope your son does not follow in your footsteps- you are a setting a horrible example as a father. Someone should take that golf bag and shove it up your a$$ you arrogant [censor].
    -Linda from NC

• Fi
      21st of Nov, 2011

Years of inbreeding? Only you would know, my friend. Only a true inbred like you would pitch a fit over some Hooters points and saving $4 on an overpriced gold bag in the first place

Then you're going on to south Carolina, yea because that's a place where are really nooo inbreds lmao the irony of your remarks
    -Joey from Fargo, ND now a resident of Ridgewood, Queens, NY