Homestead Technologies Inc. / Fraud and scam

I have made NUMEROUS attempted to get this company to call me regarding a service issue I have been getting for weeks now. When I call all I get is the 'run-a-round' saying a supervisor is not available and that one will call me back. Well one finally does (Michael) two days later and simply says 'John this is Michael at Homestead returning your call'. No return phone number to contact him at so I have to call back into support and well, you guessed it, he is not available so I have to leave another message.

I have opened numerous support tickets to which NONE have been properly answered or addressed my concerns. I finally tracked the CEO (Justin Kitch) down and emailed him to which it took over a week to get a reply. He basically gave me the run-a-round to telling me he would have someone call me. Well a week has gone by and no call.

If you're looking for a good web host, it is NOT Homestead! Stay away from these A**holes. They are liars and cheaters.

Ja

Comments

• La
      4th of Dec, 2010

to be honest with you the card being run is when you change any credit information so that when a actual bill goes out you are able to be billed. as for being billed when your account was cancelled. you obviously didnt cancel your account or it would've been cancelled and you would not have been billed. Also the customer that says the bills were backed up because they were sent to the wrong email address... the system automatically send them to the email address on file. you cant set up a account with a homestead email due to not having one when you sign up and those changes would only have been made by your request. there is nothing fraudulent about this company!!! stop [censor]ing and take some blame for yourself

• St
      25th of Jan, 2011

I too signed up for a free trial (which I never proceeded with) only to have Homestead fraudently make monthly debits to my credit card for a service I am not receiving. They refuse to acknowledge or respond to emails instructing them to desist. Everyone who is being scammed by Homestead needs to complain to econsumer.gov for cross-border complaints or the Federal Trade Commission if in America. If enough complaints are made then Homestead will be investigated and prosecuted.

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2011

I have had the same issue in a way. I called regarding a technical issue and they couldn't answer the question so they stated I would have to open a help ticket to speak with the advanced help desk. So I did, 6 times. 2 of which were to reference whether they were working on 3 of the others. Still no response. I finally tracked down emails to many of the managers/directors/vp's/ and adp. I sent out a mass email stating my frustration about how, just because the phone reps are nice doesn't mean that they have to compensate and not return any help tickets or emails. What a crappy company. One of the worst I've dealt with. If you have any problem that isn't a relatively easy fix, don't bother with the help tickets. You'll just responses of the empty kind. It must be nice to be such a big company that you don't care about losing customers.

• Su
      27th of Mar, 2011

I have a new version of Homestead scams! They advertise for "work from home" people. Through email communications, they set you up with an account on Craigslist where you post ads for them in multiple cities. They even advise how to avoid being flagged by Craigslist for mulitple submissions. They promise to pay .50 cents per add, and at the end of each day you send them the list of adds you posted. They initially said payment was through paypal - then they said you have to apply for a prepaid debit card - did all that and NEVER got paid, and never heard back from them again. I'm going to BBB, FTC, etc and will not quit until I get at the very least an appology!

• Kj
      11th of Oct, 2011

Three years ago, I cancled my account with them and asked them to give my authorization # as well .
    after MANY MANY back and forth e mails, i finally got my answer
    This message confirms that you have closed your Homestead account - ren.openrose@gmail.com. Please note that visitors to your site address will no longer be able to view your site.

Your email accounts, mailing lists and existing emails have been deleted.
    etc. etc...

this is what happened today... 10/11/2011
    This is my chat session with Homestead. I will not say anything derogatory because the company said it all in this chat.
    and they reps name is indicative of how the company will treat you. No recommendations, you read and you judge for yourself.

Hi, my name’s Rudy. How can I help you?

Rudy: Hi, this is Rudy. Thank you for choosing to chat with me today. How may I assist you?

you: Hello Rudy, My name is Karen

you: I had an account with homestead a long time ago

you: I canceled my account

you: but I am still being charged.

you: what do I do?

Rudy: Hello Pleased to meet you online Karen! You have reached Intuit Website Pre-Sales Chat. My apologies for the inconvenience. To clarify may I ask have you cancelled your account with our technical team?

you: yes, I was even given my authorization #

you: so I can keep my domain name

you: I canceled in July 2008

you: It may be that I'm paying for the domain name?

Rudy: Thank you for the information. Let me check if the support chat team is available to assist you on your billing.

you: k

Rudy: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

you: thanks

Rudy: Currently our support team is not available at the moment in the chat. However you can also reach them through the phone for immediate resolution regarding your pass account.

Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site representative.

*here is where I attempted to ask for the phone #, below is the reply I got*

You are not currently in a chat session.
    *here is where I attempted one more time to ask for the phone 3 here is the response I got*

You are not currently in a chat session.

Rudy as fast as he could, promptly and efficiently logged me off.

I tried logging on to the site again to see if the chat box would come up, and they must eliminate by IP address who will or will not get the chat box. I guess I'm a "trouble maker" trying to keep them from taking payments out of my bank account years after they canceled my account and gave my authorization # and released my domain name.

• Dy
      26th of Jul, 2012

I was tricked into signing up in order to get a free iphone4s if I signed up. And if and when I receive my phone should start billing me after a trial of 2 free months. THEY STARTED BILLING ME IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT ANY iphone4s received!
    I NEVER USED their services never setup a website AND THEY BILLED FOR OVER A YEAR even A GREATER AMOUNT than offered in their advertisement!! I did not know they were billing me til recently! Never received any billing info never a receipt. There was no cancelling ability, they never answered when phoned, when I asked for a refund by email they didnt even care to answer !!

• Ny
      21st of Jan, 2014

cancel your credit card so that they do not charge it again. They had me on hold for 40 min. Call your credit card company!

• Mo
      24th of Jan, 2014

this company is sucks... keep registering expired business domains... ###ing idiots company...

• Ce
      9th of Jan, 2016

Having been inconvenienced personally by Homestead, I would be more than happy to finance a class action against them for whatever their actions have cost the class as a whole. If you have good grounds for complaint please send them to celigne0@gmail.com. If a sufficient basis for a class action materializes I will proceed accordingly.

Celeste Deligne