HomeServe / Failure to comply to Sec 7 Data Protection Act

1 Birmingham, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

At the beginning of this year I had a complaint against Homeserve regarding their failure to respond to my boiler not working for a period of 13 days in, what was then, the coldest period in recent history.
I made a Subject Access request for them to reveal all of the 'Personal' contact I had made to them over this period. 'Conveniently', they failed to send me @ 15 to 20 of the complaints I made on their 'CONTACT US' form. They gave me the excuse that there were Technical Issues and that the site was, in effect, down for 2 weeks !!!
Having made a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, only now, some 10 months later, have Homeserve 'Responded' and 'Mysteriously Found' my missing E mails. Quite obviously they have only been found due to the intervention of the ICO and they were, in my opinion, Witheld to 'Minimise' my orginal complaint to the FSA.
They are deceiptful and cunning in what they do so watch them. They even denied receipt of a Recorded Delivery letter UNTIL I gave them the evidence from the 'On Line Tracking' facility !!!

Comments

12th of Feb, 2011

I was with homeserve for years. At first they were very good then they started getting greedy. At one point my friend was paying nearly £200 per annum more than me, yet when renewal came around I ended paying twice as much as my friend. They gave me some ### and bull stor about the new computer system and how it would be sorted out at the next renewal (a year away) . I stuck with them until they gave me such a run around with a breakdown and neither they nor their contractors, storm heating, responded to my e-mailed complaints regarding the incompetence of both companies. Also the service and attitude of the staff was despicable. I left them asap and would never recommend them to anyone.