HomeServe Membership Logo

HomeServe Membership

Having problems with HomeServe Membership?

+44 800 694 4167 (United Kingdom)
+44 192 265 9700 (Head Office)
+44 177 275 8758 (HomeServe Claims Management)
+44 129 575 5535 (HomeServe Plumbing and Drainage)
+1 855 336 2465 (United States)
+1 866 922 9006 (Service Line Warranties of America)
Cable Dr.

20 Rue, Edouard Rochet  69008, Lyon

Italy
Assistenza Casa, via Cassinis 7, 20139, Milano

Spain
Reparalia, Camino del Cerro de los Gamos  1 – Edif.6, Parque Empresarial Cerro de los Gamos, 28224 Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid

Complaints & Reviews

boiler service

A man came to service the boiler on Friday, on the Monday morning we complained to HomeServe that it would not ignite and had no hot water.
Putting us through to the service dept we were told that 24 hours had elapsed and to make a fresh claim.
The trick they had up their sleeve was to charge £50 excess.
We are now at the mercy of this bad company over £153 worse off for a boiler that was working fine.
Their second trick was to put a fault on during service - the igniter was misaligned, also it keeps reseting and switching off.
Don't touch this company they are crooks.

• Mr
    Mr Angryness Aug 15, 2012

I have two bad experiences of Homeserve - the only times I have ever had contact with them. First, they came to service my boiler under the maintenance contract I had with them. The engineer said the water in the system was dirty and I needed a powerflush. The boiler was replaced three years ago and of course the system fluid was replaced then. Unless I was prepared to have a powerflush - £800, my contract would be cancelled he told me. I immediately cancelled the direct debit to Homeserve and took out alternative cover with the AA. They have serviced the boiler since and made no mention of contaminated water.
    No 2 - in the flat above my mother's there was a bathroom leak - water coming through into my mother's bathroom below. The woman above had a specific insurance policy with Homeserve for water leaks in flats. I called them for her and they said a plumber would attend that afternoon between i and 6pm. He did not show up until two days later. He then removed bathroom cabinet covers and discovered three water leaks (so he said). He fixed two of them and then said he would have to phone his office as the insurance policy only covered "two claims". He would not fix the third until an extra payment had been made. The policyholder told him to go and called her daughter's plumber who came and fixed the leak without a problem. Homeserve clearly have a policy of "upselling" any routine service or claim, which is scandalous.

Failure to provide serve

I hope I'm posting this in the right place but I wanted to warn people about Homeserve and the cover it provides for boilers, central heating etc.

Briefly, we moved into our house about six years ago and bought cover with Homeserve for the boiler, central heating, electrics, drains, and plumbing.

We noticed an intermitent fault with our central heating and reported it to Homeserve very shortly after we bought cover with the company. Namely, the boiler would fire at 15 minute intervals for about 90 seconds whether or not the system was calling for heating. Additionally, the pump in the airing cupboard would continue to run and run. But there was certainly nothing wrong with the heating or the hot water; something was obviously wrong with the control mechanism somewhere.

From this point we've just had a saga with Homeserve including the company sending an engineer from Storm Heating in 2008 who recommended a power flush to the system, which I found out after I'd stupidly signed his chitty invalidated my insurance with Homeserve. Following a complaint the insurance was reinstated and I was paid £50 compensation. But the problem was never rectified.

Eventually after may be a dozen workmen had looked at our system one man said that it was an electrical problem and that finding it in the system wasn't part of the cover. As the problem was intermittent we just lived with it but this year the problem became permanent. So I contacted an electrician who came and diagnosed the problem. I then called Homeserve out who sent Storm Heating out again. The engineer said the system needed a power flush, complete rewiring, which isn't covered by the insurance and was too old anyway.

After a fairly pointless conversation with somebody at Homeserve's call centre, I have cancelled our policy with the company. I asked, but did not receive a satisfactory answer, why having complained about this fault for six years none of the engineers the company had sent could find the source of the problem or mend it, how odd it was that Storm Heating's answer to a system control problem was a power flush, and how, having serviced the boiler only last summer, the system was suddenly too old to mend but the company had been taking my insurance premiums each month. I told the operator, you've had six years to mend it and funnily now somebody else has found its source it's too old to mend.

I am writing a letter of complaint and will also be reporting them to Trading Standards as I think this is pretty sharp practice.

Homeserve - Faulty Boiler Board Replacement

Dear Sir/ Madame,

I am writing to kindly request your urgent assistance to remove the photo attached to the last comment because accidentally I chose to upload the wrong picture where my full address is showing and I cannot remove it and replace it with the correct one.

Awaiting for your prompt reply.

Thanking you for your time, consideration and assistance in advance.

Kind Regards

Callie Prinari & J. Harde

• Ne
    never again Mar 22, 2011

Home Serve is a scam. They sell you an overlapping policy to cover home "breakage" issues, and then they dont repair anything. They tried to scam my mom out of her money.

Faulty Boiler Board Replacement

his is the 5th day with no heating and no hot water…
the emergency service was told on Sunday and was here on Tuesday…
did nothing
today Thursday they said that we should get an electrician and then call them to come back…
before they left they said that all the electrics is fine…
last year they came 5 times for the Gas Safety Inspection out of which 4 they failed to show…
they sent the Gas Safety Certificate 9 months after…
they tell you you have to wait from 08:00 to 18:00…
imagine when they do not show…

NoHeatingNoHotWater Mar 17, 2011

just remembered that when he was checking the electrics he said everything is fine and I saw the tester was indicating there is no problem
    then they tell my managing agent this...

• Ho
    HomeServe Mar 18, 2011

HomeServe are sorry that you are having issues please contact [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.

NoHeatingNoHotWater Mar 18, 2011

YEAH RIGHT! THEY JUST TOLD US THAT REWIRING IT SHOULD BE DONE...THE BOILER WAS INSTALLED IN 2004 (WHEN THE PROPERTY WAS BUILT) AND THE LAST 2 YEARS AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY THEMSELVES DO THE GAS SAFETY INSPECTION...THEIR ENGINEER ACCESSED THE TANK AREA SAYING THAT EVERYTHING HAS TO RE-DONE AND HE IS NOT EVEN A NU-HEAT ENGINEER. HE WAS ASKING ABOUT DIFFERENT BITS OF THE SYSTEM LIKE A SCHOOL BOY...HOMESERVE IS KNOWN FOR NOT WANTING TO DO REPAIRS. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEIR SERVICE...JUST GOOGLE HOMESERVE COMPLAINTS AND YOU WILL SEE MOUNTAINS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR SERVICE, ATTITUDE, ETC. 2 YEARS AGO THERE WAS ALSO A ELECTRICS SAFETY TEST AND INSPECTION CONDUCTED AND A CERTIFICATE ISSUED. JUST GOOGLE HOMESERVE COMPLAINTS

NoHeatingNoHotWater Mar 18, 2011

Well, what a surprise! We called an electrician and said there is no electrical fault and no need or re-wiring. It is just the PCB board that needs to be replaced!
    This is what it is:
    min. Gas Safety Inspection charge £45
    PCB board replacement £150-200 plus say £40-60 for labour
    allow their annual overhead expenses per account of say £20
    add this it gives you min.of £255 and a max. of £325 pure cost
    and then subtract the amount from the annual charge of HomeServe which is £444 (£37x12months)
    then their revenue from this customer is between best case £189 and £119 worst case.
    minus taxes, this and that and then they are left with almost nothing for this year... (note that there is another 9 months they are supposedly covering and it's crystal clear...)

No wonder HomeServe people fabricate stories...

How stupid do HomeServe people think their customers could be not to understand these tricks?

SAD AND LAME SERVICE

NoHeatingNoHotWater Mar 22, 2011

on the 9th day still with no heating and no hot water, we received this fabulous letter exhibiting how dedicated to serious business practices this company is, the HomeServe people were actually unable to provide any kind of reference to the policy T&C's...
    click on this link to see it:
    (or see the photo attached)
    We would have at least expected a letter of apology and an answer to our complaint from the customer service...
    but this is not in the HomeServe book...
    SAD SAD SAD

No Show

Had a policy in place with Homeserve covering plumbing, electrical and water supply. The toilet started making a gurgling sound and began draining/filling slow. Called 1:00pm, told a plumber would be with us between 2-4. At this time I informed the rep that we had only one toilet and my husband is disabled. at 4:30, a rude woman telephoned and told me another job had took longer than expected and no one was coming out until the next day. I had to have the problem sorted myself. I have since filed a complaint.

furniture

for some time now iv been waiting for a reply from homeserve HQ about my three piece; ive emailed them sent aletter nothing so now its time to contact you again for the last time to see wether you are going to sort my furniture out the guy who came round took pitures told me il here from you but nothing, certificate number-[protected]

• Ev
    Evelyn Thomson Aug 07, 2017

Had a gentleman from Homeserve Furniture to give an inspection on my Harveys Sofas on friday 4th August. Well what a waste of £45 he gave myself and partner the impression he did not want to be here. The term of furniture technician is a joke, to spray leather cleaner on my sofa then rub it and announce because there was no colour on the cloth there was no manufacturers fault, really!!! I had told the girl at the time of making the booking my sofas were peeling also loosing colour. To say it was wear and tear of just over 3 years was a joke. Dont know who I am more angry at Harveys Furniture with a could'nt care less attitude or the Technician with a bottle of leather spray a very scientific way of testing leather . Would not recommend either Company.

Anomounus Aug 03, 2018

Came home under warranty that we paid for to be told they not going to repair it saying peeling leather patches are wear tear have 3 leather sofas before this never happened also asked for report told no asked why this happened no answer spoken to manager Chris which no help to resolve this

Anomounus Aug 03, 2018

@Anomounus It's homeserve furniture repairs that came out

Failure to comply to Sec 7 Data Protection Act

At the beginning of this year I had a complaint against Homeserve regarding their failure to respond to my...

Failure to do what is promised

Do not touch this firm with a barge pole. They happily left us without any water for 8 days; on another...

Boiler Cover

I have a boiler contract with Homeserve.

My Glow-worm Enerygysaver 60 boiler started playing up so I contacted Homeserve.

They sent a engineer to take a look.

He found a leak and said he will order a part.

A week later I got a call from Homeserve saying that the parts will cost too much and they offered me £200 towards a new boiler and they would cancel the contract.

The parts they said it needed were: Main heat exchanger [protected] £446, sec heat exchanger [protected] £465, burner S203154P £165, gas council number 4131994.

Its seems that if the cost of repairs is above £200 then Homeserve will not attempt to fix it but just offer you £200 for a new boiler and cancel the contract.

You are better off putting the money aside instead of paying Homeserve.

SO, BEWARE IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH HOMESERVE. THE MOST THEY WILL COVER IS £200!!

• St
    steve perry Feb 22, 2010

I have a problem with Homeserve they turned up last wednesday to look at my boiler
    only to say it needed a part when Friday arrived i called to see what was happening they
    told me it had been agreed to fix with new part but could not turn up till next Tuesday at
    which point the boiler broke down completely and they told me they would send over 3 new heaters
    they they said were on the van but they never was and we have had no heating all weekend
    they had lied to us

• Er
    erica price Apr 22, 2011

I agree I had my boiler serviced by a good company which did cost, then agreed to Homeserve paying monthly all inclusive to be kept waiting with no hot water for four days kept being tried to be sold a new boiler over and over again, small leak thats all it was taped up 2 weeks later happend again then told it was the pump, which was not the case it was what they had not done in the first place the Engineer still telling me i need a new boiler crap, fixed now and working fine mmmm just like to say the man was also very rude and was a bully.

faulty repairs/no service

Left with 2nd hand water pump fitted and highly dangerous electrical installation. Homeserve will not rectify the problems they have caused.

• Ke
    kedu Jan 29, 2011

i had a leak under my kitchen sink, i searched the yellow pages and called homeserve, i regret the day i did and have now resolved to read up ratings prior to using any company's services.
    The plumber turned up, after i had authorised a payment of 150pounds over the phone and was promised 12months insurance cover. Guess what! he used cellotape to stick up two parts of the kitchen pipes, and this was for £150.
    Anyway three weeks later and my tap would not stop running, i called home serve and i was told that that was not classed as an emergency as it was not soaking up the floor n the walls or causing any damage, i argued at the fact that i use a meter and so it was causing damage to my pocket, no not an emergency. THIEVES AND RIP OFFS!

Refusal to fix drainage problem

I have held 3 seperate policies with Homeserve for the couple of years. We had a blocked drain which wa...

Do not honor warranty!

I bought a warranty through our mortgage company GMAC for electrical appliances in our house. The name of the company is Home Serve. When the time came for them to replace our air conditioner the company says we switched some switchers or wires to by pass something and that caused the air conditioner to stop working. We have no idea to switch anything on an air conditioner or anything else. First they said the filter was clogged and after that they changed the story to the wires. They came last year too as I had the same complain. If the wires were switched then, why didn’t they fix it? I feel this company is looking to get out of having to fix our air conditioning unit. Would any one have any idea as to what I should do?

Anjillian brown Oct 22, 2018

I got news of my fathers death from of honeserve employee named Simon okafor in Lagos, Nigeria. I haven't been able to reach anyone to confirm. I live in the United States and have no way of speaking with my dad. He is the only family I have. His name is Jeffrey Innocent Okafor. Please help me.

• Fa
    fabiha agha Oct 27, 2019

Web is not opening every time i opened it and it showed me a screen with an error occurred
    From afternoon the web is not working

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices