Home Warranty / ChoiceHomeWarranty.com is a SCAM !!!!!!

1 244 Madison Ave New York, NY 10016 Marietta, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 (888) 531-5403

I started the contract with Choice Home Warranty (choicehomewarranty.com ) on 10/27/2008 covering HVAC and making onetime payment of $344 for the contract lasting one year. On 12/02/2008 2 units (furnaces) stopped working. I contacted Choice with repair request. The technician was sent on 12/03/2008 to do the diagnosis – control boards needed to be replaced. Choice refused a repair without additional documentation. The following documents were submitted:
• home inspection report done upon purchasing the property
• diagnosis/checkup of the HVAC systems done on 07/27/2007
• repair and checkup of the HVAC systems done on 06/26/2008
After many phone calls and 14 days with no heat, the customer representative from Choice: Ron Stillwater stated that the repair could not be cover because:
• “it is odd that two of the systems fail in the same time”
• “there is no date on the document from 6/26/2008” even though it is printed
• “there is no signatures on the receipt from 06/26/2008” even though is states on the receipt that it is a electronic invoice and the authenticity can be proven by contacting the company that did the repair/checkup service on 6/26/2008. Ron Stillwater stated that “no company will be contacted”.
• “there are many inconsistencies in provided documentation”… with no additional comments provided.
I need to add that dealing with this guy (company) was the worst customer service experience. Imagine rep. screaming, inventing stories that do not add up…. “the management needs to review your files…” and than 5 sec. later ”oh….it just popped up on my screen that your claim was denied…”. I asked for the manager many times but never no one was available. He was accusing me of taking long time sending the documentation where in fact they (or he) were not replying to my faxes, emails and phone calls. The faxes were being lost and I had to resend the documentation. I felt like it was really immature, irresponsible, unprofessional, ripoff one person shop.

To

Comments

• De
      29th of Oct, 2008
    Home Warranty - Scam
    National Home Protection
    NationalHomeProtection.com

OH, how I wish I had read all of the complaints about this company before buying a year policy. It's worthless! They basically decline any claim as "existing condition" or "lack of maintenance." Then, if you request cancellation, they charge a $200 cancellation fee. What a ripoff! Steer clear of these guys-they're a scam!

16th of Feb, 2009

I went through the same thing - good luck trying to cancel your contract and getting any money back. Its impossible with them.

• To
      17th of Feb, 2009

Fortunately, my credit card company took care is taking care of it. They basically, can charge back the business in disputable situations. I got my money back after few business days. Of course, I had to pay for the repair.

• To

Type of Business:
    Appliances-Major-Service & Repair

• Jj
      10th of Mar, 2009

I have created a user group Choice Home Warranty Claims, please come and join if you have experienced difficulties with this company. I am also looking for co-plaintiffs in a lawsuit.

• Fr
      12th of Mar, 2009

I am experiencing the same situation. I have been signed up with them since August 4th of 2008 and have two policies with them. I have had the dishwasher go out and the ice maker and both claims were declined. The dishwasher I was told to call the manufacture and the ice maker I was told it wasn't covered though the policy says it is covered. I asked about canceling and was told to send a letter. Total scam company.

• Ps
      2nd of Jul, 2009

I orig. enroll w/Choice Home Warranty in November 2008. I called CHW in May18th to check our A/C the air was not getting cold. CHW emailed me on 5-18-09 and stated that ##### would be our service technician. They came out and stated that we were low on freon and he serviced the unit and all was working just fine.
    We woke up Wednesday June 24th that the unit was not cooling/ and then the unit shut down. We call CHW again and they sent #### on June 24th, the technician stated the unit was gone and wrote up a diagnostic about the transformer.. etc…I called CHW and they told me they were waiting to receive paperwork from tech.
    I called back Friday they were reviewing the paperwork… etc they would let me know something the end of day, well at least to say they didn’t. I call them back Monday and was informed that I need to provide paper work stating the we were doing service on our A/C . Then I stated why is that… you guys didn’t ask for it when I signed up. I submit paper work Wednesday 7/1 a week to the day that we have been out of our house due to no A/C. I called Thursday morning and was informed that they were reviewing paper work… I called back 11:37 am I was informed that the Mgr Jim Reed was looking over it and they would get back to me in an hour…2:00 I called back and spoke w/Jessica/Ashley and then they forward me back to a John…. I spoke w/him on Monday. He stated after viewing my paper work I had a problem w-a leak and they need proof that the freon was put in A/C and w/out documentation they couldn’t cover my A/C unit. I told him the technician that came out on May the 19th serviced the unit. To remind you CHW authorized tech put the freon. I told them to ask the guy did he put freon in.
    He said the leak tell them that I had a problem w/the unit. I said NO, anyone can be low on Freon in your car, A/C this is not abnormal. I have been going back in forth w/Jessica/Ashley and John. I told John the next time he hear from me would be from Legal Representative. We have been fraud..

• Fi
      22nd of Dec, 2009
    Home Warranty - Extremely poor Service - My hard earned money down the drain
    First American Home Warranty
    California

I purchased home waranty with American Home Warranty Company in April. I filed my first claim for the year in December - our heat is not working. There was a system that filed my claim. I was assigned a contractor and the contractor called me and told me that the earliest they can come and look at what is wrong is in 6 days. The temprature in our area runs to 35 degrees at night and I have young kids so I could not stay without heat for 6 days. I called back to check if they can assign and find someone to come earlier or I can find someone and they can reimurse me for the work done later. American was not able to service any of the requests. I even asked if I can get numbers of other contractors that they work with call them and see if anyone could come sooner. I was told I cannot get the numbers due to privacy issue. I still don't understand what does this have to do with provacy. Basically I had to get my own contractor and pay out of my pocket to get the issue fixed. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR FALSE PROMISES. READ THE SMALL PRINT before you sign up with them. It would have been cheaper and less hassle for me to not have insurance with them in the first place.

4th of Dec, 2014

Agree fraud, choice warranty claims that they repair anything even a roof, well on 12/04/2014 I contacted them to see what was causing the leak, I was informed before that they cover $1500.00 in roof repairs but do not replace a roof, Now on 12/04/2014 they sent Ryman Roofing company to my home the roofer, that inspected the roof said that I had damage from the storn which was the heavy rain & that it needed corking, I had to pay for a service call, & Choice Warranty claimed they do not repair any work from storms. I was never informed of that so I called Angie's List to report this company, they wrote a review & will contact them, also they are nationwise & everyone will read & learn about this company. I do believe that everyone should join angie's list, they will refer you to good companies & if the company that they refer you to does not meet your standards they will write a review & list them as a company with problems. No company wants to have a bad review with Angie's list cause everyone reads them. I can't believe how these companies get away with fraud like this & nothing really gets done about them that is why they are able to stay in business & rip off the world.

• Tb
      2nd of Jul, 2015

i called them on 5/11/2015 to repair my central ac unit, it took them over 2 weeeks to get a technician out to even look at it. almoat 2 months later i still have no air

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2015

Choice Home Warrany has too many disclaimers. Do no purchase, they will deny every claim. Please do not make the mistake I did by getting a long term contract.

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2015

There are too many disclaimers, Choice says "they are compehensive" a total joke. They deny everything...DONE WITH BAD CHOICE HOME WARrANTY:|||||| Please do not make the same mistake I did. Choose American Home Sheld for better results.

• Oh
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I called AHS to confirm coverage on a broken plumbing part in my bathroom. I told the representative that the pipe coming out of the wall that my shower head attaches to had broken off inside the pipe in the wall. Prior to calling I went over my contract thoroughly to see if this part was covered. There was no mention of it, and that is why I called to ask. I was told by the representative that the part was indeed covered as long as the breakage was due to normal wear and tear, which it was. When the plumbing contractor called I told them that the pipe my shower head attaches to had broken off inside the pipe in the wall. They scheduled an appointment the following day. When the plumber arrived, I once again repeated EXACTLY what I told the AHS representative, as well as the person scheduling the service call at the contractor's office. Without even coming inside the house, the plumber told me that the shower arm (that is the name of the pipe that broke) was a fixture, and not covered by my warranty. Why didn't the AHS representative know this? Are they not trained at all to know what a fixture is? No they are not. Is it my fault that a plumber came out to my house only to tell me it was not covered? I don't believe so. I spoke to the man that the plumber called to confirm coverage, as I wanted to find out who's responsibility this was. He told me to call the number I had originally called to confirm coverage, and tell the representative that I needed the supervisor to pull the tape of my call to determine whether or not the service fee could be waived. I did exactly what he told me to do. I was told an email of my request would be sent to the supervisor and she would call me within the next 2 days. I waited a week and made a second call, and a second request. I was once again told I would receive a call in the next 2 days. Today I made my 4th call and 4th request. I was given every excuse in the book as to why this was not the fault of AHS, from the representative. He did, however, tell me the supervisor WOULD review the tape and call me "soon". I informed him that I have written a letter to their corporate office in Memphis, TN, and if I did not hear from anyone in the next 2 days, I would send it, and would also file a report with the Better Business Bureau. I also told him that I have a bill for a $60 service fee sitting in front of me and I am not a person that can ignore paying a bill. That is the reason I must take further measures to resolve this.

And just a quick mention of the last service call I placed to AHS prior to this. I called to report that the water line to my refrigerator had broken. I would have fixed it myself, but there was no shutoff inside the house, I don't go under my house (spiders and snakes) and I could not move the fridge away from the wall to get to it. They sent a plumber out (the same contractor as this time), who pulled the fridge out, put GLUE on the plastic line and wrapped it in electrical tape, assuring me it would hold. I don't know who she thought she was fooling. I paid her the $60 service fee, she left, and I got in my car, went to the hardware store, bought a compression fitting and repaired the line (which was already leaking). As you can tell, I hate to complain about the little things.

This time I smell fraud, and I will not tolerate it.

• Do
      3rd of Jun, 2016

***ATTENTION*** GO TO THE FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER AND FILE YOUR COMPLAINT. THIS HOW THEY GOT BUSTED IN NEW JERSEY, BECAUSE ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAINED. MAKE SURE YOU TRELL THEM ABOUT HOW NEVER SENT YOUR HOME DEPOT CARDS AND HOW THEY MISREPRESENTED THEIR WARRANTY.
    PLEASE USE THEIR NEW YORK ADDRESS ON 42ND STREET. IF YOU CAN DO IT NOW!!! HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FBI CENTER.

• Dr
    Home Warranty - Fraud
    Sensible Home Warranty
    Nevada
    sensiblehomewarraty.com

This company committed fraud when I signed up with them in July 2011. They neglected to tell me that "they had NO VENDORS IN MY AREA THAT COULD SERVICE MY PRODUCTS!"> After waiting over a week to get a plumbing problem fixed, they finally told me the truth. They had no vendors in my area.! I had to get my own plumber to fix the problem, and pay him myself! They of course said, they would reimburse me, but we know that is not going to happen! A company as deceitful as Sensible Home Warranty, should be investigated, and made to return their premiums to the customers that they never serve!

• Ha
      27th of Jul, 2016
    Home Warranty - First American is not the Home Warranty Company you want protecting your house
    First American Home Warranty
    Arizona

We bought a house in Phoenix, AZ in Jan 2012 and bought a home warranty.. On May 12 we called because we had no air conditioning/. The technician told us the unit was not repairable and told the warranty company we would need a new unit, . When we called to get the unit replaced, First American said we would have to spend 1505..00 our of our pocket to get the unit installed/. They coverd the unit, but not the cost to install the unit, the crane to put it on the roof, the stand for the unit to sit on and the elbow to connect the unit to the AC, which would be part of any normal installation:. They told us it would take 7- 10 days to get a check once the work was completed!. The AC company wasn't going to wait for their money, so we had to charge it on our credit card and wait two weeks for the check to show up.. Their service is pathetic, this is not the warranty company you want protecting your hom