Home Depot / bogus gift card
Three weeks ago, I purchased a new Maytag washing machine from Home Depot. At that time, there was a Maytag-sponsored promotion (funded by Home Depot) in which rebates in the form of Home Depot gift cards would be sent to buyers who made qualifying purchases of select models. The amounts were from $25 up to $250, depending on model.
I made the purchase (the gift card, by the way, was not one of the factors, by the way), submitted the rebate request online, and received the $25 Home Depot gift card a few days ago.
Today, I went to Home Depot to get a few items and attempted to pay for the purchase with the gift card. The total amount of the purchase was $21. The gift card was rejected.
According to the cashier, there was no available balance on it. Even a call to the store manager couldn't get the thing to work -- despite the fact that the sticker covering the PIN had been removed BY THE CASHIER, so they KNOW I hadn't used it before this. The cashier said I needed to contact the issuer of the card (which is ridiculous because it's issued by HOME DEPOT).
I tried to call the customer service number listed on the letter that had carried the card, but all it is is a "status" number -- there is no support for complaints or inquiries.
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - Employees 
- Home Depot - Delivery & Customer Service
- Home Depot - installation of cooktop unit did not fit even though advertised dimenrsions matched perfectly
- Home Depot - met team supervisor
- Home Depot - paint desk customer service
- Home Depot - sale of appliances not available